• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keystone 3/6/2011

skidmarks

Day 2 of 8
Packed Powder conditions today with temps in the high 20's
Today was my first trip to Keystone, a big place with lots of long runs. Took a Snow Cat ride and got some nice wind blown snow in the North Bowl.
Still feeling a little under the weather with some altitude sickness. Looks like storms are heading our way.

Colorado2011_039_.jpg

Puck it

I had my first issue with the altitude this year. We stayed at the highest and skied at the highest that we ever have this year. Even my neices fiancé had problems. He is 32 so I felt better about my problems.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I had my first issue the altitude this year. We stayed at the highest and skied at the highest that we this year. Even my brides fiancé had problems. He is 32 so I felt better about my problems.

You sure you're not the highest right now??? :lol:

o3jeff

I had my first issue the altitude this year. We stayed at the highest and skied at the highest that his ever have this year. Even my neices fiancé had problems. He is 32 so I felt better about my problems.

Damn iPad spelling correct. I just fixed it above and I selected everything but the es and it tried to put buried.

You still might want to do some editing to the original post;-)

Puck it

You still might want to do some editing to the original post;-)

And I hate proofreading. Leave me alone I am trying to watch Tosh Happy Thoughts. He is right Babe Ruth needs an * next his name like Barry.

dmc

Never made it to Keystone... Opted for a second day at ABasin...

Puck it

Never made it to Keystone... Opted for a second day at ABasin...

Not a bad choice IMHO. Loved A-basin this year. I have never skied Keystone but looking over from A. It just does not look very interesting. I may be wrong though.

dmc

As a ski patroller that we were riding with said...
"you can spend an entire day at another mountain looking for the goods.. At ABasin - It's in your face..."

Puck it

As a ski patroller that we were riding with said...
"you can spend an entire day at another mountain looking for the goods.. At ABasin - It's in your face..."

We did not do the hike back to Zuma lift. Have you done? How long of a hike back up is it?

skidmarks

Not a bad choice IMHO. Loved A-basin this year. I have never skied Keystone but looking over from A. It just does not look very interesting. I may be wrong though.

You're wrong Keystone is a blast too!! I've past it over before but it has some great stuff too.