• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Labor Day weekend thread..

This upcoming weekend marks a very happy one for skiers and riders as it's the unofficial end to summer. What is everybody up to? My sister and brother in law are coming into town. I'm going to a BBQ on Saturday, I'm probably only invited due to my freestyle rap skillz. Sunday morning brunch with my grandma and Sunday night a Lehigh Vally Iron Pigs baseball game.with the family. 5 of us and we have 6 tickets in two different sections of the stadium..game was sold out but one friend has 4 season tickets and my uncle has 2..

Geoff

After a brutally tough 4 day week, I have a 3-day weekend followed by another 4 day work week.

I'm spending Sunday and Monday on salt water.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Saturday - off to VT to see the rents
Sunday - come home, possibly hit up a bluegrass party
Monday - notaeffinthing

drjeff

Thursday - make it to the end of the day, watch my business partner leave early to goto the Patriots/Giants game while I be a "good boy" and mind the fort :( Take the kids to the driving range and then for ice cream, then pack for VT

Friday - Wait for inlaws to come pick up the kids for the weekend, then up to VT with a quick side trip to Hopkinton, MA so y wife can scout her bike + run routes for her Triathalon the following weekend. Dinner at some funky place in Brattleboro (maybe see some of the funky people walking around taking advantage of the nudity laws ;) )

Saturday AM Mtb ride, guests arrive about 11. Mount Snow Brewers fest, back to my place, grill meat products, drink more beer, use the hot tub

Sunday (repeat Saturday except that no guests arriving)

Monday - head back to CT after the likely hangover clears up a bit

. Dinner at some funky place in Brattleboro (maybe see some of the funky people walking around taking advantage of the nudity laws ;) )

Sa

Wow...so you can walk around naked in Brattleboro..I might do that sometime just because I don't kmow anybody there but it would have to be on a warm day...lots of hippies in that town...almost as much as Burlington which is the hippie capital of the east.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm heading up to Lake George for my buddy's bachelor party. We got 2 cabins on the lake, plan to do a lot of BBQing and take a few trips down to Saratoga to bet the ponies.

4aprice

Boat, Boat and more Boat. (yea water skiing too). Last blowout of the summer. Fall as always is going to be a busy time. Gotta make sure everythings wrapped up by Thanksgiving so I can play the next 5 months after that.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Vortex

Kids sports Friday night, Sat day and Monday afternoon. A trip to Sunday River Sat Afternoon till Monday am. Hope to get some hiking in. Probably a litlte ski gear shopping rolled in as well.

HD333

Sat - Hang around the Pool and do stuff around the house. Hunt for a new car. Then maybe out to a nice dinner with wife and kids.
Sun - Golf in AM @ the neighbors club. Then BBQ and beers with family and select neighbors.
Monday - Local rinky dink parade. Ist annual riboff, me vs the old man at my place.

I wish we didn't tell the bro in law the house on the lake was all his for the weeknd. Would like to be "On a Boat" downing adult beverages all weekend.

HD

drjeff

Wow...so you can walk around naked in Brattleboro..I might do that sometime just because I don't kmow anybody there but it would have to be on a warm day...lots of hippies in that town...almost as much as Burlington which is the hippie capital of the east.

You seriously can! Many a summer Friday/Saturday night you'll have a couple of earthy, crunchy, hairy naked twenty somethings hanging(pun intended) around the park in the little town square basically where Routes 30 and 9 meet.

Never forget the 1st time I saw someone taking full advantage of their nudity ordience. I'm driving down Route 30 one morning in July to make a Walmart run to pick some things up for my place by Mount Snow. Bam, there's this 50ish year old guy who had just taken a swim in whatever the heck the name of the river that runs along Rte 30 is called, and he's just walking along the side of the road with nothing more than a small towel around his shoulders and jimmy and the twins swaying in the breeze :eek:

I'll make sure to snap a pic on my blackberry for 'ya GSS if there's any naked hippy chicks there Friday evening ;)

4aprice

I wish we didn't tell the bro in law the house on the lake was all his for the weeknd. Would like to be "On a Boat" downing adult beverages all weekend.

HD

I'd invite you down to do the same here but NJ is a long way from Mass and Hopatcong isn't quite as nice as Winni.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BTW: My kids love that song and it's played all the time on the lake.

I'll make sure to snap a pic on my blackberry for 'ya GSS if there's any naked hippy chicks there Friday evening ;)

Thanks..unfortunately most of those women don't visit the bikini waxer often..:puke:keeping it retro..lol..but seriously..one day I want to just walk around Brattleboro in the buff..

legalskier

It may surprise some Jersey haters out there, but Forbes Traveler just named AC and Wildwood as the top two boardwalks in the country.

"2 N.J. boardwalks ranked nation's top
ASSOCIATED PRESS
BETHANY BEACH, Del. - New Jersey boardwalks rock.
Atlantic City took top spot in a Forbes Magazine's Traveler edition ranking. Wildwood came in second."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea...901_2_N_J__boardwalks_ranked_nations_top.html

So I'll probably head down the shore this weekend, at least for a day. Clothed, that is.

By the way GSS, are you aware that Sandy Hook has a clothing-optional beach? It would be a much shorter drive for you than Brattleboro, and probably warmer too. :beer:

ctenidae

Moving from Stamford to Norwalk Friday. May go to the in-laws lake place in NJ on Sunday, may not.