• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Labor Day weekend thread..

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
It may surprise some Jersey haters out there, but Forbes Traveler just named AC and Wildwood as the top two boardwalks in the country.

"2 N.J. boardwalks ranked nation's top
ASSOCIATED PRESS
BETHANY BEACH, Del. - New Jersey boardwalks rock.
Atlantic City took top spot in a Forbes Magazine's Traveler edition ranking. Wildwood came in second."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea...901_2_N_J__boardwalks_ranked_nations_top.html

So I'll probably head down the shore this weekend, at least for a day. Clothed, that is.

By the way GSS, are you aware that Sandy Hook has a clothing-optional beach? It would be a much shorter drive for you than Brattleboro, and probably warmer too. :beer:

That's because anybody with any sense wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good beach by putting boards over it.

Last edited:

mlctvt

Fri night- Dinner out with friends out or backyard BBQ at our place
Sat- 85 to100 mile bike ride locally with my wife
Sun- we'll drive to RI for a day at the beach with my mother and father in law.
Mon- another 65-70 mile bike ride locally, mow the lawn, maybe do a little other yard work

legalskier

That's because anybody with any sense wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good beach by putting boards over it.

The Drifters didn't mind.

“Oh, when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof
And your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet were fire-proof
Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be

(Under the boardwalk) out of the sun
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the boardwalk) people walking above
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be faling in love
Under the board-walk (board-walk!)

From the park you hear the happy sound of a carousel
Mm-mm, you can almost taste the hot dogs and French fries they sell
Under the boardwalk, down by the sea
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be”

And neither do I. :cool:

HD333

I'd invite you down to do the same here but NJ is a long way from Mass and Hopatcong isn't quite as nice as Winni.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BTW: My kids love that song and it's played all the time on the lake.

Yeah that would be a bit far....water is water though.

Did you ever make it ti Winni this summer I remeber you mentioning it.

Have fun.

Warp Daddy

. Its a gorgeous sunny day in mid 70's so the Queen and I Spent the whole afternoon sitting .on the dock at Oak Point on the River

My daughter and SIL and their kids arrive tomorrow to spend the weekend with us --LOOKING forward to that since when they were here during my hospitalization and the first week home i was not able to do much of anything Whereas now i'm pretty much able to do most things

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I will be spending a mad steezy weekend doing homework. Lots of it.

I will allow myself some time to kick back at my aunt's party on Sunday afternoon, however. If it weren't for the kids, I would go prepared to stay the night. She throws those kind of parties.

Hawkshot99

Fri- Drive to Jiminy in the morning to take care of some things, then drive down to work in Kingston NY.
Get out of work at 5, and hop in the truck and drive down to Chincoteague VA(only 360 miles) should make it by midnight if the jersey traffic is not too bad........
Sat-Beach/boat
Sun-Beach/boat
Mon. Morning-Beach/Boat
Monday afternoon-Drive back home.

Philpug

Fri Night: Sand and prime
Sat: AM bike ride then to Home Depot then start painting
Sun: Paint
Mon: Golf then paint

gorgonzola

mtb'ing, drinking beer, kids sports- fall ball and field hockey, wrapping up 8 mo powder room reno project - finish coat paint and exhaust fan connex, pool/beer, mtb'ing, drinking beer

Warp Daddy

Saturday go to 25th year class reunion
Sunday leave for Gaylord with IceLady and Sisters, Golf the Natural 1PM Tee time!
Monday, Walk the Mighty Mac, like last year.
http://forums.alpinezone.com/34931-tr-trekchicks-trek-mighty-mac.html

TREKIE -- You Rock ------------------chickie !!!

Mightry Mac is amazing never been out there but my kid bro lives in South Bend now and tells me to come out for some ND football and some UP culture and the DA BIG Mac too :D

BTW ur lookin pretty good -- that 25 yr reunion should be a piece o cake and my guess is you'll be in the TOP 1% in terms of lookin good and being in shape and perhaps the envy of a few classmates :D ----- skiing and biking PAYS off bigtime

Have fun !!