• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Ticket Giveaway - September 2004

Greg

Staff member
Click "Enter Contest" below to be eligible to win a pair of lift tickets good at one of the following resorts:Only AlpineZone Message Forum members that have reached at least "Trailie" member rank (5 or more posts) qualify. There will be three random winners drawn this month. This contest begins at 12:00 AM midnight EDT on September 1, 2004. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EDT on September 30, 2004. This contest is subject to the Official Contest Rules And Regulations. For a list of past contest winners, see the Contest Winners page.

Enter Contest

AZ forum moderators are not eligible to enter or participate. Sorry guys...

R

rekcahza

I was about to enter this contest, and decided to read the "fine print" - glad I did. What exactly do you plan to do with the personal information gathered by this contest, are you selling it and/or using it for marketing purposes? Thanks. :)
ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ALPINEZONE.COM MAY USE, FOR ITS OWN BUSINESS PURPOSES, INCLUDING SALES AND MARKETING, AND E-MAILING TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED, ANY AND ALL ENTRY INFORMATION AND INFORMATION REQUIRED OF WINNERS; HOWEVER, ALPINEZONE.COM WILL NOT INTENTIONALLY OR WILLFULLY PROVIDE ANY SUCH ENTRY INFORMATION OR INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM WINNERS TO ANY THIRD PARTY, EXCEPT AS MAY BE, IN ITS REASONABLE JUDGMENT, REQUIRED BY LAW. ALPINEZONE.COM AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY AN ENTRANT. WINNERS, WHO ACCEPT ANY PRIZE GRANT PERMISSION TO ALPINEZONE.COM TO EDIT, PUBLISH AND OTHERWISE USE THEIR NAMES AND CITY AND STATE LOCATION FOR PROMOTIONAL AND PUBLICITY PURPOSES WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION OR CONSIDERATION. ALPINEZONE.COM MAY ALSO ARRANGE TO PUBLICIZE ANY OR ALL PRIZE WINNERS. EACH PRIZE WINNER HEREBY CONSENTS AND GRANTS PERMISSION TO ALPINEZONE.COM TO PERMIT ANY NEWS OR OTHER INFORMATION GATHERING AGENCY OR INSTITUTION TO DOCUMENT, MAKE A RECORD OF AND USE HIS OR HER NAME IN THE ORDINARY COURSE OF ITS NEWS AND INFORMATION GATHERING AND DISSEMINATION ACTIVITIES.

Greg

Staff member
I'll gladly break it down for you:

Contest Rules said:
ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ALPINEZONE.COM MAY USE, FOR ITS OWN BUSINESS PURPOSES, INCLUDING SALES AND MARKETING, AND E-MAILING TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED, ANY AND ALL ENTRY INFORMATION AND INFORMATION REQUIRED OF WINNERS;
We reserve the right to contact entrants to inform them of new services available through AlpineZone.com. We don't typically do this however. The only folks that we contact routinely, are subscribers to the E-Newsletter. Any current subscriber can tell you that the newsletters are pretty harmless and only sent out a few times per month at the most. We don't even contact forum members through the forum's built-in mass Email feature. The forum membership and Newsletter subscription are independent.

Contest Rules said:
HOWEVER, ALPINEZONE.COM WILL NOT INTENTIONALLY OR WILLFULLY PROVIDE ANY SUCH ENTRY INFORMATION OR INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM WINNERS TO ANY THIRD PARTY, EXCEPT AS MAY BE, IN ITS REASONABLE JUDGMENT, REQUIRED BY LAW.
This is a key point. Entrant information is never provided to a third party.

Contest Rules said:
ALPINEZONE.COM AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY AN ENTRANT.
It's a long shot, but if the site did somehow get hacked, entrant information might be retirieved from the Web server. Again, it's a long shot, but this protects me a bit.

Contest Rules said:
WINNERS, WHO ACCEPT ANY PRIZE GRANT PERMISSION TO ALPINEZONE.COM TO EDIT, PUBLISH AND OTHERWISE USE THEIR NAMES AND CITY AND STATE LOCATION FOR PROMOTIONAL AND PUBLICITY PURPOSES WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION OR CONSIDERATION. ALPINEZONE.COM MAY ALSO ARRANGE TO PUBLICIZE ANY OR ALL PRIZE WINNERS. EACH PRIZE WINNER HEREBY CONSENTS AND GRANTS PERMISSION TO ALPINEZONE.COM TO PERMIT ANY NEWS OR OTHER INFORMATION GATHERING AGENCY OR INSTITUTION TO DOCUMENT, MAKE A RECORD OF AND USE HIS OR HER NAME IN THE ORDINARY COURSE OF ITS NEWS AND INFORMATION GATHERING AND DISSEMINATION ACTIVITIES.
The extent of the information displayed can be found here.

Much of the text of the rules was pulled from a template. Much of it does not apply to the way we do business activities. I'll look into updating it accordingly and also writing a Privacy Policy. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Greg

Staff member
I've revised the contest rules slightly to better describe what we do (and don't do) with entrant information. I also created and posted an AlpineZone.com Privacy Policy.

Greg

Staff member
Congrats to our September 2004 lift ticket giveaway winners: