• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain lift tickets?

gittist

Does anyone know what last year's weekday lift cost at the window?

By chance is anyone a senior and retired military that skied Loon last year? If so how much was the lift ticket?

I emailed Loon and was told what the military discount was last year but not the price it was applied to. I don't believe the prices I see on On-The-Snow because I'd be skiing for about $15 a day. That would be great but i don't believe it.

chuckstah

I think I remember $139 for a walk up, non discounted day ticket. I wanted to ski with Ikon friends last minute but passed even with the Ikon friends discount, which wasn't much. I have no idea on senior or military discounts.

BodeMiller1

Cannon is 12 minutes away. The only thing Loon has is a view of Washington and a train.

Why would you ski loon?

gittist

Cannon is 12 minutes away. The only thing Loon has is a view of Washington and a train.

Why would you ski loon?
uhhhh cause that's where the condo is :rolleyes: Honestly I've never skied either one so both would be a tick on my bucket list.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Does anyone know what last year's weekday lift cost at the window?

By chance is anyone a senior and retired military that skied Loon last year? If so how much was the lift ticket?

I emailed Loon and was told what the military discount was last year but not the price it was applied to. I don't believe the prices I see on On-The-Snow because I'd be skiing for about $15 a day. That would be great but i don't believe it.
Loon was probably $15 a day when Gov. Sherman Adams ran it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't know who Gov. Adams is/was but I presume it was back when skis were ten feet long, made of wood, and had bear trap bindings...:unsure:
His claims to fame: 1. NH Governor then Congressman; 2. Eisenhower’s Chief of Staff; 3. Founded Loon.

Man, if it really is $15 for a vet then good on them for doing that.

Dickc

I ski senior rates, not military. Two years ago an advance ticket for Loon was $66.00 for a weekday.

thebigo

Just looked back through boyne rewards account. Bought my wife a day ticket on Jan 2 for $79 after buddy ticket discount.

We have more buddy tickets than we could ever use, let me know if you need a code.

2planks2coasts

For reference, buying a 5 day pack for next season useable at Loon, Sunday River & Sugarloaf breaks down to $81/ day.

Megar

I skied at Loon last season, and while the military discount was decent, it definitely didn’t drop the ticket to $15 a day. I think the regular lift tickets were around $100. I’d suggest calling Loon directly or checking their site for the exact figures—you’ll get the most reliable info that way.

4aprice

Why would you ski loon?
I like to ski Loon because I find it to be one of the best run areas in the Northeast. From the facilities to the grooming (yes the grooming) I have always found the resort to be well organized and well maintained. From the long cruising runs off the gondola (which my wife loves) to the woods off the summit and North Peak and East Basin I have always found days there entertaining. Heard it called "Boston's Darling" and know of the crowds at peak times but we always book a weekend in early March and we enjoy the place we stay and the town of Lincoln as well.

Cannon is enjoyable too. It is of course a much harder area to ski and I have had wonderful days there as well. My years are now beyond DJ's and Tramline, but I can still ski and enjoy Middle Hardscrabble and the front 5. If challenge is your only criteria, then by all means Cannon is New Hampshire's Mecca but If you can enjoy a little mellower terrain places like Loon (and Bretton) they are totally enjoyable places

thebigo

I like to ski Loon because I find it to be one of the best run areas in the Northeast. From the facilities to the grooming (yes the grooming) I have always found the resort to be well organized and well maintained. From the long cruising runs off the gondola (which my wife loves) to the woods off the summit and North Peak and East Basin I have always found days there entertaining. Heard it called "Boston's Darling" and know of the crowds at peak times but we always book a weekend in early March and we enjoy the place we stay and the town of Lincoln as well.

Cannon is enjoyable too. It is of course a much harder area to ski and I have had wonderful days there as well. My years are now beyond DJ's and Tramline, but I can still ski and enjoy Middle Hardscrabble and the front 5. If challenge is your only criteria, then by all means Cannon is New Hampshire's Mecca but If you can enjoy a little mellower terrain places like Loon (and Bretton) they are totally enjoyable places
Agree with your post. It was not planned but I am going to be full time in franconia next winter skiing most everyday for five months with cannon pass and loon midweek. Got to thinking that, other than MRG/SB, there may not be two more proximate and complimentary mountains in the east.

Plan for next year is cannon weekends/holidays and when mother nature cooperates. Loon early/late season and all those midweek hard pack days.

As a Loon midweek skiier for many years, main complaint has always been north going down for wind in a storm. 7 bros and east basin get you around the mountain but make lapping any decent trees a pain.

BodeMiller1

Skied it 60ish. Nice views. Angle St. Walking Boss. Diana's tub. DJ doesn't like my skis.