• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen - 02/08/15

bdfreetuna

I should have added a ;-)

LOL.. that's funny. I got the sarcasm... since you commented on probably the sweetest looking ski pic I've seen yet so far this season.

I'll be honest.. if I'm skiing MRG I really hope a few people have tracked it out ahead of me. I really don't know where I'm going all that well! And that can get a little steep for jump turns in 2 feet of dense pow. Based on my signature apparently it's been 4 seasons since I've been up there. Maybe too long.

MMW.... how were the lines? That's the 1 thing that turned me off MRG years ago. The line for the single is insane sometimes. The parking lot is insane, people parking on the road. To me now this is a weekdays-only place to ski.

MadMadWorld

LOL.. that's funny. I got the sarcasm... since you commented on probably the sweetest looking ski pic I've seen yet so far this season.

I'll be honest.. if I'm skiing MRG I really hope a few people have tracked it out ahead of me. I really don't know where I'm going all that well! And that can get a little steep for jump turns in 2 feet of dense pow. Based on my signature apparently it's been 4 seasons since I've been up there. Maybe too long.

MMW.... how were the lines? That's the 1 thing that turned me off MRG years ago. The line for the single is insane sometimes. The parking lot is insane, people parking on the road. To me now this is a weekdays-only place to ski.

The line get pretty rough on pow days and the AM was pretty rough. We avoided the single completely until lunch time. The double was probably a 15 minute wait. The trees off the double are very underrated. Most of those pictures were from there! We worked our way over to the single around lunch and by then it was probably 10-15 min the rest of the way.

Tin

It was not a good day for me. Multiple crash and burns!

Maybe multiple crash and burns a day are baseline for you.

200.gif

chuckstah

I hit it today. Real nice. Maybe a couple inches fresh in th morning and a couple of sqalls freshened everything during the day. Empty. Longest line was 4 or 5 chairs for the single. They are set up great for the holiday crowd. A couple of crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

• 1423776676842.jpg
    1423776676842.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1423776706039.jpg
    1423776706039.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 49

MadMadWorld

I hit it today. Real nice. Maybe a couple inches fresh in th morning and a couple of sqalls freshened everything during the day. Empty. Longest line was 4 or 5 chairs for the single. They are set up great for the holiday crowd. A couple of crappy cell phone pics.

That second pic is the "halfpipe" next to Gazelle?

chuckstah

Yup. That's it. Great little shot. Only one set of tracks ahead of me at around noon today.

MadMadWorld

Yup. That's it. Great little shot. Only one set of tracks ahead of me at around noon today.

A favorite of mine. If you know where you are going there are plenty of ledges and drops as you make your way in. Holds snow really well as I'm sure you can imagine

chuckstah

I don't know all the lines as only ski there a couple times a year, but I always enjoy the trees off of the double. I get in over my head on some of the stuff off the single!