• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Man charged with driving 139 MPH on I-95

bvibert

Staff member
I could see myself getting into trouble with that car... Maybe not that much... or maybe more???

octopus

r8's are very nice and go much faster than that. i almost hit 90 mph in my 93 f350 diesel the other day:grin:

Cornhead

Anyone old enough to remember the "Ralph Nader" speedometers? I had one on my first motorcycle, it only went up to 85 mph. I guess it was supposed to deter people from seeing how fast their vehicle could go. Didn't work for me, I'd just go riding with my buddies with newer bikes and ask them how fast we were going. It was funny to let off on the throttle and see it stay pegged for awhile before it would start to drop. "Do you know how fast you were going?" umm, 85? Got pulled over in a car with a speedo that would stick at 30 once in awhile, luckily it stuck that night. The cop couldn't write me a speeding ticket, only inoperable speedometer. You had 48 hrs to fix it, I just paid the fine. I said, "Look, I'm doing 30 right now!", while at a standstill. He got pissed when he told me he clocked me with radar, and I pointed to my detector and asked why it didn't go off. Caught him in a lie. He said he could write me a ticket for having it in the window for obstructing my view.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have hit 130 on I-495 in Massachusetts before. But that was many, many years ago. Too nervous now (of cops, not of the speed).

In Germany I drove from Dusseldorf to Austria a few times and routinely kept speed at around 120 in the areas where there was no speed limit.

ScottySkis

I have hit 130 on I-495 in Massachusetts before. But that was many, many years ago. Too nervous now (of cops, not of the speed).

In Germany I drove from Dusseldorf to Austria a few times and routinely kept speed at around 120 in the areas where there was no speed limit.

Funny story my friend who was a cop was driving in Long Island going 120 mph, and got pulled over, cop goes up to him and my friend shows him his police I'D, and cop started cursing and says have a nice day, no tickets, I don't believe this should be accepted but unfortunately it is.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Same, though on I-91 in Western Mass when I was a senior in High School. I routinely drove over 100 in my late teens, until I got a few tickets. Thankfully none of those tickets occurred going more than 20mph over. I don't think I've hit 100 since. I occasionally hit 90 these days, but never on purpose. I try and keep it under 80.

wa-loaf

That's just commuting speed there.