• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mars Rover launched successfully

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
:lol:
Fine. We should probably end all government funding of basic and applied sciences. We really don't need anything that the DoD, DARPA, NASA, NIH, CDCP, or any other research arm has ever, or will ever, concieve of. It is clearly better to live in this exact moment, without thinking of the longer term. There is no reason to plan for or invest in the future when it's so much easier to do what feels good right this instant.

A lot of people took money that shouldn't have been given to them to buy houses and other things they couldn't actually afford, and so the economy is in trouble. We shoudl clearly stop spending money on research and development, hole up in our caves, and hope that someone else figures something out for us. Guess what- China is spending a shit ton of money on research. Bet it'll be them who figures things out.

It is my extremely strongly held belief that the funding of research without immediate commercial applications may be one of the greatest functions of a modern government. There are certiaiy a whole host of other things the government spends a whole lot more money on that are much less useful, no matter your time horizon.

It is also my extremely strongly held belief that people who disgree with me are wrong.

From previous page:

Provided you could afford it. Right now who would the technological advances benefit? Sure, may be "American" companies, but they would just export all technology anyway. No argument from me that technology is important, just don't believe this to be the time to pay for it.

Also, if it makes you feel better, send me your address and I'll be happy to send you a cute red rock with a certificate of authenticity that it's from Mars. If anyone argues with you that it's not from Mars just say: "It is also my extremely strongly held belief that people who disgree with me are wrong." This will shut them up.

ctenidae

From previous page:

Also, if it makes you feel better, send me your address and I'll be happy to send you a cute red rock with a certificate of authenticity that it's from Mars. If anyone argues with you that it's not from Mars just say: "It is also my extremely strongly held belief that people who disgree with me are wrong." This will shut them up.

I submit that never is the right time to stop paying for research.

The belief that others are wrong is a bit of levity- If I thought people with different beliefs were right, then I'd change my beliefs. I think my opinions are correct. That's why they're my opinions.

I will trade you my tiger repelling rock for your Mars rock, though.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I submit that never is the right time to stop paying for research.

The belief that others are wrong is a bit of levity- If I thought people with different beliefs were right, then I'd change my beliefs. I think my opinions are correct. That's why they're my opinions.

I will trade you my tiger repelling rock for your Mars rock, though.

I say we get a research project to prove that cow manure is indeed slippery, what say you?

Is your tiger repelling rock for: Bengal, Indochinese, Sumatran, or Siberian tiger?

ctenidae

I say we get a research project to prove that cow manure is indeed slippery, what say you?

Is your tiger repelling rock for: Bengal, Indochinese, Sumatran, or Siberian tiger?

It's not as slick as the goose variety.

Not sure on the tiger rock. SInce I haven't been attacked by a tiger at all, I have to assume it's a broad-spectrum repellent. If we could just go ahead and finish wiping out all tigers, I wouldn't have to carry it around any more.

Cannon Gray

NASA has already sent the fifth rover to explore Mars - Perseverance. For building it NASA used the previous rover details. Perseverance is equipped with a special apparatus MOXIE, which will try to generate oxygen from carbon dioxide present in the Martian atmosphere, as well as microphones and sensors for meteorological observations.

ScottySkis

NASA has already sent the fifth rover to explore Mars - Perseverance. For building it NASA used the previous rover details. Perseverance is equipped with a special apparatus MOXIE, which will try to generate oxygen from carbon dioxide present in the Martian atmosphere, as well as microphones and sensors for meteorological observations.
Done successfully😃😀😀

Congratulations NASA we landed on Mars well done peace and love peace and love. 😎✌️🌟❤️🎶🌈🥦👏👏☮️ #NASA
This is good about Mars lol my home planet

ctenidae

The rocket powered sky crane idea is cool, and the rover itself is remarkable, and it even has a helicopter, which is amazing. Incredible that it all worked correctly. Nice work.

ScottySkis

Talk about Mars and human hard work lol

"Building bases on Mars will literally require blood, sweat, and tears of astronauts, according to scientists developing a cheaper way to use Mars rock and soil to form a concrete-strength structure."

jimk

William Shatner went into near space yesterday on Jeff Bezo's Blue Origin spacecraft. Not bad for a 90 year old. The guy looks good. I gotta find out who does his hair :giggle:
shatner.jpg

Article and videos: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/13/tech...in-everything-you-need-to-know-scn/index.html

He said the view out the spacecraft was a lot better than the last time he had a window seat:
Nightmare-At-20000-Feet.jpg

Last edited: