• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meals at the lodge

Glenn

Dining options have improved significantly since the days of rear entry boots and CB Sports.

But I have noticed an oddity as of late; adults opting for the chicken finger and french fry combo platter. Saw a guy in the mid-mountain lodge today drop close to $14 on that pile of breaded blandness.

I dunno. If I wanted to relive 4th grade, I'd listen to some Bon Jovi whilst wearing acid washed jeans. I suppose if I was going to buy a mountain meal, it would be a big arse burger or one of the giant noodle bowls they sell.

Am I off base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoseek

The food at the bar is almost always cheaper and usually way better imo

skimagic

Ha, I bought that today. Was 6 bucks compared to 11.50 for plain Burger. Cutting cost where I can. That's almost a free beer. More pure protein in the fingers too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I get the chicken fingers at the Wildcat bar all the time lol. That or wings. Both are delicious there. I find a burger to be too much of a gut bomb for lunch during a ski day and it makes me sluggish after.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

ironhippy

Comfort food.

I once spent way too much on mac and cheese at Keystone in Colorado. By the time I came back to Keystone on the last day of the trip, I was actively looking forward to overpaying for it again.

I don't think I've had it since, but damn it was good.

The burgers at my local hill suck, if I buy lunch there I'll get the chicken fingers, but I have been remembering to pack a lunch this year.

SnoDevil97

The food at the bar is almost always cheaper and usually way better imo

Agree completely. I pack my lunch 90% of the time but if I eat at the hill it's always in the bar. The usual chaos of a ski lodge cafeteria kills me too.

Sons of Thunder

I get the chicken fingers at the Wildcat bar all the time lol. That or wings. Both are delicious there. I find a burger to be too much of a gut bomb for lunch during a ski day and it makes me sluggish after.

Hit it on the head right there. A hamburger bun on top of the french fries is way too much of a carb bomb to handle in the middle of the day.

I think there's another reason as well. It's exactly the same reason someone would eat McDonald's after traveling halfway around the world. It's shit, but it's consistent shit where you know what you're getting. Burgers can be more hit or miss, and there are lots of really bad burgers out there surprisingly.

VTKilarney

Of all the things to care about, whether an adult eats chicken fingers is right at the bottom of my list.

Smellytele

Love me some tenders with some honey mustard sauce. Good for sharing . Split an order with fries with my son at waterville Friday. It was just enough to keep us going until 4. I guess I am low brow though.:sadwalk:

yeggous

I am guilty of chicken fingers and fries when I eat at Ptarmigans at Attitash.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

I really don't get what the other options are at the lodge cafeteria? As others have mentioned the burgers can be hit or miss, and at least at the places I typically ski they are more often miss. The salads are complete cheap, so you're down to tenders, and chili pretty much. I do chili sometimes, but often want more.

deadheadskier

Staff member
424c156d25dd13211af02ac4d8f3722a.jpg