• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moguls. Anywhere....? Anywhere...?

drjeff

Well not a zipper line by any means, Freefall at Mount Snow today was top to bottom BIG ungroomed snowmaking whales today which kept many of us who enjoy bumps quite happy! :)

Savemeasammy

They dropped the ropes on superstar headwall today, and some decent bumps were forming up on the top (along with some crappy, widely spaced ones at the bottom). Middle superstar was best. Nice lines on both skiers right and left were setting in. Hopefully they keep the groomers off of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Rex

A couple friends sent me pics from Sugarbush yesterday and I saw a bunch of natural bumps.

steamboat1

They dropped the ropes on superstar headwall today, and some decent bumps were forming up on the top (along with some crappy, widely spaced ones at the bottom). Middle superstar was best. Nice lines on both skiers right and left were setting in. Hopefully they keep the groomers off of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supe upper/middle, upper Bitter & Highline will escape the groomers tonight according to K's report. Lower Skyelark wasn't mentioned but seeing it was groomed last night I doubt they'll hit that again.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Grooming Upper Bitter would be a good thing actually, but perhaps they're letting the snow drain. The snow on UBS was super wet and a manky mess when we skied it today. Lower Skyelark should form some decent bumps with another day of people skiing on it. Didn't hit Highline.

Superstar was great. Lots of good bump lines setting up. By the time it started getting really good, my legs were toast. Folks should get it while the getting is good. Several whales on SS that I'm sure they'll want to push out soon.

WWF-VT

A couple friends sent me pics from Sugarbush yesterday and I saw a bunch of natural bumps.

Lower Organgrinder has not yet been groomed this year and it's moguls from the top to the bottom. It was softer today with the warmer temps. Organgrinder up top is more whales than moguls and was styro snow on Saturday. The wind was howling today and the Heavens Gate chair did not spin while I was at the mountain.

Last edited:

CoolMike

As the poster above said: Lower organ grinder had big bumps. I found it pretty challenging as I struggled to knock the rust off. Stiff new boots didn't help either.

machski

Sunday River still had a bunch of bumps on the trail edges yesterday but they were a frozen rutted mess. With this weeks roller coaster ride with temps/wx, I would expect any trail with bumps edge to edge to be groomed flat. Most resorts to concerned with expansion now to recoat a bump run.