• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 3/29-30/08

ta&idaho

Date(s) Skied: March 29-30, 2008

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Snow

Conditions: 8 inches of fresh snow Thursday night through Friday morning --> great mix of conditions under mostly sunny skies

Trip Report: I've had great luck in March. My only two East Cost trips this month were the first weekend, when there were several feet of fresh snow at Killington (http://forums.alpinezone.com/25016-killington-3-1-2-08-a.html?highlight=killington), and this past weekend at Mount Snow, which got a great refresher from this latest storm.

Conditions were outstanding on Saturday. Plenty of fresh lines in the trees (where I saw virtually no coverage issues despite being so late in the year), lots of nice tracked powder and some soft bumps on the less-well-traveled trails, and enough fresh snow to fill in most of the steeper runs that must have been sheets of ice beforehand (the only exception being Ripcord, which looked like a frozen waterfull glistening in the sun).

Sunday was more of a spring day, as it warmed up quite a bit during the day. A few of the groomed runs got a little scraped off, but they were overall still pretty good. The trees still had plenty of fresh snow, and the bumps softened up nicely as the day warmed up. Tons of crazies in costume for the Reggaefest festivities, too.

I'm not sure when they'll end up closing, but Mount Snow seems to have a TON of snow left. Could be quite a while...