• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 3/8/08

skijay

Date Skied: 03/08/2008
Resort: Mount Snow
Conditions: soft snow, some icing, and very wet, some fog.

Trip Report: I wanted to go to Mount Snow as it has been almost a month that I have been there. The weather was calling for rain, but this morning I went to the MS website and they reported that the sun was peaking out between the clouds. With that said, I left my house and arrived at Carinthia for 10:30AM. There was just a light rain. I even got a front row parking spot.

I wore a t-neck, fleece jacket and my North Face rain jacket. I like this because I can wear a helmet and use the hood. My first run known was Mine Shaft to Prospector to Lower Titanium. The snow was soft but there were a lot of ruts in the snow.

I headed over to the main mountain after my first run at Carinthia. Took the GS Express. There was a youth freestyle event going on today. The rain stopped no one!

I did some top to bottom runs on the main mountain (Lodge, Exhibition, other ones). I did notice on the trails that did not have a lot of skiers there was an icy crust forming. Around noon I headed over to the North Face. As usual I found the better conditions over here. I skied Chute and Fallen Timbers. There no annoying ruts like on the main mountain. Also the rain stopped.

I did one run on Bear Trap (Sunbrook). It was foggier over this side of the mountain. It was about 1pm and the rain had started back up. I worked my way back over to the North Face and the rain got steadier and heavier. I skied my last two runs at Carinthia in a down pour that kept getting stronger. I called it quits at 3pm.

I had a blast & was soaked. The rain worked is way down my jacket and my t-neck was soaked. My ski pants, well they were soaked and my boots filled with water.

I did take a couple of pictures from the North Face (Chute):

0308081232.jpg

0308081233.jpg