• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

ThatGuy

Well they certainly aren't trying to compete with them, and superstar is really looking kinda weak too, though they are making snow on it right now.
Hes talking about the park build itself I think

RH29

Well they certainly aren't trying to compete with them, and superstar is really looking kinda weak too, though they are making snow on it right now.
The last couple seasons, their strategy has been to make a ton of snow on Superstar after they're done everywhere else. They'll have guns blazing every chance they get between now and early April.

RH29

Hes talking about the park build itself I think
Yep. Not many features/jumps. For a mountain that had prided itself on its parks, and has probably a greater proportion of park skiers than anywhere in VT, I was surprised.

skiur

The last couple seasons, their strategy has been to make a ton of snow on Superstar after they're done everywhere else. They'll have guns blazing every chance they get between now and early April.

Unfortunately that is not the plan this year, this seems to be the final push.

Newpylong

Unless the long range changes, there are no more chances after this.

SLyardsale

pretty darn nice spring day today 3/21. rotd was old southbowl from little john to high traverse. a bit surprised it wasn't fenced and roped off to keep the act 250 enforcers at bay. kinda reminded me of max headroom at sugarloaf... for about a fifty feet

IMG_3226.jpg

Newpylong

Didn't know you could still squeak through there, nice job. I used to ski old Upper Overbook when it was similarly abandoned.

drjeff

A little more lenient with making tracks on that side this year, some of which might have to do with the race program getting the dedicated timing system wire for the GS course on Southbowl moved off of that side of the trail and across that upper section of growing in area last Summer(it had probably been cut by people skiing/riding over it up there a half dozen times, if not more over the years), and a new wire run up along skiers left of South Bowl under the snowmaking pipes where it's protected

drjeff

If anyone is going to Reggaefest this weekend as well as Pond Skim (Saturday) and Duct Tape Derby (Sunday) the mountain is doing a food drive for the Deerfield Valley Food Bank and will be collecting non perishable items as an FYI

urungus

Beautiful afternoon today.

My favorite way down the main face is Ledge / Pats Pitch / Yard Sale, linking together all three black diamonds … coverage was great and snow was soft

Ski-on bluebird:
IMG_5312.jpeg

Ledge:
IMG_5329.jpeg

Ledge:
IMG_5345.jpeg

Pats Pitch:
IMG_5364.jpeg

Yard Sale:
IMG_5404.jpeg

Last edited:

Sandman30

Looks good! Any early thoughts on conditions April 10th? Will be in the area the weekend for Easter and want to try to squeeze one last day in the Monday after

ThatGuy

Let me shake my crystal ball…the base is good so there will still be snow

drjeff

Let me shake my crystal ball…the base is good so there will still be snow
Agree!

And my hunch is that by Easter Weekend, the trail count will still be pretty close to where it is now, even with the liquid on the way on Saturday, as the freeze up Saturday night into Sunday will help consolidate the still deep natural snow pack from the storms of Early March.... I'm 6'3" and was trying to do good samaritan thing last weekend for a kid who had lost his ski off the side of a trail, and I took my skis off to go in and get it, and sunk in to mid thigh! Almost had to get one of my ski buddies (or the winch cat ;):ROFLMAO: ) to pull me out!

Sandman30

Agree!

And my hunch is that by Easter Weekend, the trail count will still be pretty close to where it is now, even with the liquid on the way on Saturday, as the freeze up Saturday night into Sunday will help consolidate the still deep natural snow pack from the storms of Early March.... I'm 6'3" and was trying to do good samaritan thing last weekend for a kid who had lost his ski off the side of a trail, and I took my skis off to go in and get it, and sunk in to mid thigh! Almost had to get one of my ski buddies (or the winch cat ;):ROFLMAO: ) to pull me out!

That's awesome!! I sure hope so, would be nice to get some soft spring turns in.

And funny story, I took a weekend Jay trip in early March and lost a ski in the trees. Went to step towards it and my leg sunk to my thigh as well and I panicked for a second. Started skiing 3 years ago in the Northeast and first time that had happened!

SLyardsale

I was out today for 3+ hours today 3/31. There is not bare spot anywhere. Conditions are primo - probably best spring in years. The below 32(f) nights with the gradual warm up mornings have set the stage for 11am start times with nice and fast spring snow. It takes a hit tomorrow, but perhaps we can eak out a few more quality days. Only complaints I heard today was from the park people - fools gold and gulch closed and not on epic mix app.

urungus

pretty darn nice spring day today 3/21. rotd was old southbowl from little john to high traverse. a bit surprised it wasn't fenced and roped off to keep the act 250 enforcers at bay. kinda reminded me of max headroom at sugarloaf... for about a fifty feet

View attachment 57669
@SLyardsale Thanks for the tip, went down the old South Bowl today and it was a fun little area

sull1102

might be in the area next week, figured I’d ask those more in the know, do we think the Main face will be open next week or will they have gone down to only Carinthia for Monday-Friday?

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

might be in the area next week, figured I’d ask those more in the know, do we think the Main face will be open next week or will they have gone down to only Carinthia for Monday-Friday?
No inside knowledge but based on past years it is a toss up. If they do shut down main face I would head to Okemo a little over an hour away on same pass.