• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Robinson St Park Agawam MA - 1st ride of the season

MR. evil

I got out for the first ride of the season yesterday at Robinson St Park in Agawam MA. This was also my first ride on my new HT which is setup asa single speed for the time being. I did just under 6 miles in 2.5 hours with a mechanical issue. My chain broke in two places with about 1/2 mile to go and I had to hike out. I also found a new trail that will add about 1 mile to my usual loop.

My lungs held up better than expected, but my legs were really out of shape. The SS didn't help much. The SS takes alot more effort than a geared bike, and I forgot how much exergy standing during climbs take out of you. But its almost required on most big climbs on the SS. I should be back in decent riding shape pretty quick after several more rides on the SS.

The new HT took some getting used to, the FS has spoiled me and made me very lazy on the bike. The bike is also a blast on the DH's with its 65d head angle.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=547117

WoodCore

Nice! I'm dying too get out on my bike, weather doesn't look good for the early part of the week so hopefully over the Easter weekend.

Trev

Nice! I'm dying too get out on my bike, weather doesn't look good for the early part of the week so hopefully over the Easter weekend.

If you expand your areas of riding, you will find dryer places.

We all know the deal at Nass.. love it.. but it's a mud hole this time of year.. well.. most of the year.. lol...

Anyhow - check out some other places that dry faster.. or just stay dry.. Penwood, Case.. probably dozens more out there...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
So are you saying that I could ride my FS the same way I ride the HT and vice versa?

I'm not sure what you mean by "way" but I'm speaking of effort since you mentioned laziness. You could put the same effort into riding your full suspension if you are sufficiently motivated.