• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ski resort technology coming to your mountain soon. Screens and Touchscreens on Lifts and Gondolas

Andrew B.

I even leave my phone in the car while skiing.
I keep mine close with SP on speed dial
Has been invaluable 3x that I can think of.

Plus I can work from a chair lift midweek
Always Be Closing

It’s the reason I can ski 60-70+ days a year why wouldn’t I keep it on me.

Most of my clients understand not to call me on a pow day.

Smellytele

I keep mine close with SP on speed dial
Has been invaluable 3x that I can think of.

Plus I can work from a chair lift midweek
Always Be Closing

It’s the reason I can ski 60-70+ days a year why wouldn’t I keep it on me.

Most of my clients understand not to call me on a pow day.
Glad I never rode a lift with you. Someone closing real-estate deals while riding on the lift would be obnoxious.

Andrew B.

Glad I never rode a lift with you. Someone closing real-estate deals while riding on the lift would be obnoxious.
Knew that was coming
Midweek I usually don’t have trouble finding an empty chair or pull off on the side of a trail

Not quite real estate but most of my info is client confidential so I wouldn’t talk about it in front of you or anyone else.

The worst I might do is type an email saying I will get back to you

4aprice

Have they been vandalized?
Was on the Super Gauge Chair at Mary Jane and I didn't see any damage to them.
yeah interesting about WP and I also have the same question. IF they can somehow integrate trail maps with the ads and hell maybe even lift waits I could be useful I guess.
IIRC they may have had a grooming map on there, possibly wait times at other lifts but the thing that stuck out to me was the traffic reports and they were tied into CDOT cameras on Floyd Hill and maybe Dumont.

abc

Bring a headphone.

Or go to your own private mountain.

I don’t use my phone on the chair. But if I hear someone taking a work call on the chair, I give them a thumbs up! Beats the pot smoking or trash talking ones I share a chair far too often.

jimmywilson69

some of you people are super snobby on your ski experience. literally never have had a chair lift ride ruined. I try to strike up convo or engage people whether I'm solo or with a group. If they don't oblige, their loss. The way I look at it is I'm skiing, doing something I truly love and nothing is going to ruin it.

You do you and I'll do me...