• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Vail gear program

pinion

Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure plenty Epic Passholders will like this concept. And let's be honest, most people out there would make due just fine with recreational rental-style gear.

drjeff

Seems like you pay a fee of $50 a year for this service and then a daily fee, I believe of $50 a day from the loose explanation I read for the gear. Likley not something the 10 day more more a year skier will use, unless it's for demoing on occasion, or say are an Eaterner going out West and want powder skis.

The part that I read that I will be curious to see how it works is what seems to be a new part of the Epic Mix App that will have a feature that allows you to scan/measure your foot so they can get an accurate idea as to what the proper boot size/model is for that person should they choose the boot option part of this as well...

gittist

Depending on the price, it might work for me if I go out west. That way I don't have to wait for the skis in Denver. Even longer when some asshole grabs his skis right before they go around the corner and stops the ski carousel so you have to wait another 30 minutes for it to be restarted. If that was you I hope your testicles get infected and fall off!

We'll have to see how much it costs and compares to simply renting them from a ski shop. It's not anything I'd use on the east coast but I'm sure some rich people will gobble it up.

p.s. I should have read further down on the news article:

A full season My Epic Gear membership for adults will cost $50, which will unlock the benefits of all the premium gear and convenience and enable daily gear reservations for $50 per day (less than the average daily cost of owning gear for a destination guest and less than the price of premium demo rentals).

thetrailboss

Staff member
"Thanks for highlighting this groundbreaking program. Being a tool myself, I can personally attest to the importance of having the newest and most EPIC gear when you are skiing and riding. I eagerly anticipate your enthusiastic feedback next season. You're welcome!"
pixel.gif

Rob-Katz-Vail-Resort-Winter-12.jpg