• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Now for a real weatherman, Punxsutawney Phil

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

drjeff

Should be able to get Vcunning from the board to give an actual Punxsutawney Phil TR as he was actually there this AM to not only see the spectacle live but also celebrate his 50th b-day today :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
No need to fear an early spring as his predictions are off, as a matter of fact: "Of these 115 predictions on record so far, Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an "early spring" 16 times (13%). As to his accuracy, according to the StormFax Weather Almanac and records kept since 1887, Phil's predictions have been correct 39% of the time."

In all fairness to Phil, how could he be accurate, "Punxsutawney Phil fans say that there is only one Phil (all the other groundhog weathermen are imposters), and that he has made weather prognostications for over 123 years as of 2013" Which is bad enough, but he also has a mate, Phyllis. I could imagine the conversations there. Phil, where you going, it's cold outside, at your age you'll catch pneumonia and die, get back in here!

WinnChill

We may have a decent chance at continuing winter a bit more even next week and weekend. It doesn't look entirely over just yet. Fingers crossed because I need to get out a few more times.

ScottySkis

We may have a decent chance at continuing winter a bit more even next week and weekend. It doesn't look entirely over just yet. Fingers crossed because I need to get out a few more times.

You going to the Bush next weekend. What think snow storm cuming for Bush before ski trip please say yes I know your great forecasting predictions? Hope to ski or make turns with you you Mr. Winn accurately forecaster from snowforecast.com:):):):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BenedictGomez

And at least the weekend after that if you believe the long-range stuff. Cold until April (at least in theory).

4aprice

Story on the news this morning that someone is actually thinking of sueing the groundhog because his prediction was wrong. Some major complaining going on about the weather this March. Some people definately have too much time on their hands.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

hammer

If you want a guarantee that March will not have snow then move out of the northeast...please.

Of course, I still reserve the right to complain when the HHH weather hits us in July. :wink: