• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 4/13/08

Mikey1

Date Skied: 4/13/08 8:30 - 1:00

Weather: Overcast and Foggy in early AM with snow showers, temps in 30's

Conditions: Quick hitting day trip to take advantage of my free pass. Experienced true New England "Spring Conditions" with everything from fog to snow to wind and some sun. Surface conditions were elevation dependent with the top remaining firm all day, mid-mountain had some sweet corn, and the lowest elevations pure mashed potatoes. Surprisingly good coverage with only a few well marked bare spots. Groomed cruisers were the best bet early on and we hit Chief, World Cup, Timberline Exhibition, and Screamin Demon. By around 11:00 decided to try the bumps on Sel's and they were still a bit firm, but loosened up a bit by the bottom.

Later, took two runs down The Plunge which had beautiful soft bumps and were definitely the highlight of the day. Ended up with the combo of Defiance and Ledges which also had some nice soft bumps. Couldn't stay longer due to a commitment at home, but overall was happy I had the chance to go. Okemo will be open until the 20th and have reduced their rates. Hoping to get there one more time, but if I don't, it was a good day to end the season.

MrMagic

sounds like much better conditions then i had up the road at killington tsill plenty of snow tho '