• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Online Music Streaming Sites

Euler

Over the past year or so I've completely stopped using my CD player for music. I hook my computer's audio output to my home stereo and either use my itunes library, or listen to "internet radio". I've been using imeem and Pandora lately as a way to listen to music online. What do others use?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Pandora... been using it for about 8 months now? Maybe a bit longer. I like it, just waiting for them to start adding "classical" music.

Euler

Pandora is pretty cool, but for my tastes I usually stream from either

www.archive.org

or

http://stash.nugs.net/stash.asp

I checked out stash.nugs.net...great site! There's a Phish show from 1987 at Nectar's in Burlington that I'm pretty sure I was at. I loved Phish in their early years, not so much after they became an arena sized band.

Thanks for sharing that site with me!

Mildcat

With all of the recommendations for Pandora I had to check it out. I thank you all very much. I typed in "FuManchu" and haven't heard a chitty song since.

Mildcat

This site is the balls! I've heard Metallica, Motorhead, COC, AIC, QOTSA, The Melvins. Awesome Site.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I've listened to Pandora and gdradio.net but haven't really listened to that much streaming radio.

I read something that basically said internet radio will put satellite radio out of business shortly. Cars are going to start having internet radio capabilities.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I've listened to Pandora and gdradio.net but haven't really listened to that much streaming radio.

I read something that basically said internet radio will put satellite radio out of business shortly. Cars are going to start having internet radio capabilities.

i would say we are a few years out till the telco's have enough 3g towers. most of the bars i have done want a computer dedicated to pandora. the problem i have with pandora is when it come to alot of the music i listen to the selection is sort thin. they are also 3 to 4 week behind me on new relases but for a free service its pretty kick ass.

Geoff

I don't stream audio. I use a notebook computer with crap built-in speakers. I have some nice Bose noise cancelling headphones for travel but that's mostly for watching movies. I'm a BitTorrent or ripped CD + iPod person. I use Sirius in the VW.

Edd

I'm a Rhapsody subscriber. I like the software and the fact that you can put as much music on your MP3 player as you like with no extra charge (monthly membership is like $14.00 with that feature). Someone with an MP3 input in their car stereo is all set.

I've become aware of FreeNapster lately and I'm impressed with their content. A buddy of mine recommends Grooveshark but I've not checked it out yet.

I run Sirius in the car also.