• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn: The Climb Streams on January 28th

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Lindsey Vonn: The Climb, a one-hour documentary which chronicles the remarkable comeback of Olympic Downhill Champion Lindsey Vonn, will be available on demand starting Wednesday, January 28th on Red Bull TV, a digital video service available online, mobile and on select partner platforms including Apple TV and Xbox 360.

Produced by Red Bull Media House, in association with NFL Films and NBC Olympics, the film will give viewers an inside look into the past 22 months of Vonn’s career. Lindsey Vonn: The Climb documents Vonn’s journey as she recovered from two devastating injuries, and remarkably returned to the top of the podium at a 2014 World Cup downhill race in Alberta, Canada, a critical milestone as she pursues more victories at the upcoming 2015 World Championships in early February, in her hometown of Vail, Colorado.

On February 5, 2013, Vonn crashed in a super-G, her first race of the 2013 World Championships in Schladming, Austria. After being airlifted off the mountain to a nearby hospital, doctors discovered that the Olympic champion had suffered complete tears of the MCL and ACL in her right knee, which required season-ending and career-threatening surgery. Nine months later, with the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in sight, Vonn crashed again during a training run, re-tearing her right ACL, and she ultimately was forced to withdraw from the Sochi Olympics.

Vonn, the most successful ski racer in American history, is the only American woman ever to win Olympic gold in the women’s downhill, which she accomplished at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics where she also won bronze in the women’s super-G. In addition, Vonn has five world championship medals and 61 World Cup victories, which is currently just one behind the all-time record of 62 by Austrian great Annemarie Moser-Proll.

Lindsey Vonn: The Climb features never-before-seen video of Vonn’s second crash. Cameras take viewers into the operating room as renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews repairs the superstar athlete’s knee. The film then follows Vonn’s physical and emotional struggles as she attempts to return to the top of her sport, while remaining in the spotlight as her sport’s biggest star. With extraordinary access into her life, Lindsey Vonn: The Climb documents Vonn’s nearly two years of grueling rehabilitation, including her rehab sessions at the U.S. Ski Team’s training facilities in Vail, Colo., training camps and competitions in Chile and across Europe, and the photo shoots and red carpet events that come with her stardom.

“The last two years have been filled with some of the biggest ups and downs of my career, and I’m excited to share this story with my fans. This is the most inside look I’ve ever given to my world, and I hope it inspires others who are going through challenges to keep getting back up when they are down,” says Vonn of the film.

In addition to capturing Vonn’s time in the gym and on the mountain, viewers are side-by-side with Vonn as she shares the difficult process of sitting out the Olympics and watching the Sochi Games with her family at home. The film culminates with Vonn’s remarkable return to competition as she leads an historic U.S. sweep of the podium in the World Cup women’s downhill on Dec. 5, 2014, in Lake Louise, Alberta.

The film will be available for its streaming debut on Red Bull TV starting January 28th.

Visit redbull.com/TheClimb.

Lindsey Vonn: The Climb Trailer: www.redbull.com/TheClimb

For more information on Red Bull TV visit www.redbullmediahouse.com/news or follow on Twitter @RedBullTV. #LiVeTheClimb

More...