• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outside Magazine haulting the production of the annual Warren Miller Movie

jimk

I used to enjoy the WM films in the right setting, at a show or in a room full of friends or family. To be honest, these days I relate better to photo and video ski stoke posted by all you friends and pen pals in internet forums.

Here's a few pics from this week at Snowbird and Solitude:

hanging bowl jan 25.jpg

great scott jan 2023 sb.jpglower elev sb.jpglower ski patrol gully 24 jan 2023.jpgfantasy ridge close up solitude.jpg

Snowy as heck out here in Utah!

abc

That must explained why I was never a big fan of ski movies. I almost never look at “rat” ski photos or videos either.

I enjoy the skiing as an activity. Watching others ski? Not so much.

Kingslug20

Yup..currently dumping...more dumping predicted for sat sun...
Not even going to try lcc,bcc....going to be a shitshow.
So...we'll hob nob at DV...

BodeMiller1

I think maybe because jimk posted pics from Utah?
I'm offended by any pictures posted from a mountain with a vertical over 3,400. There's no need for it.

I loved the W.M. films. That guy Plake is a very good skier. Pushing the envelope, on the slopes and maybe after the skiing is done for the day. :cool:

In one of the films a skier jumps out of the Cannon Tram. Very cool, then I found out there was a landing ramp built and I felt duped.

Best Line from W.M. something like " A skier only has so many moguls in their knees and I hit that a long time ago".

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

John Egan
Yep, that's the guy. I like Cannon, you never know who you're going to ski with. Before the Vancouver Olympics I hung out with the Austrian Women's ski team. Rode the lifts with one of them a couple of times. She could ski...
Strange yet true

crystalmountainskier

thetrailboss

Staff member
So Unofficial Networks regurgitated Outside's artfully worded press release acknowledging they aren't actually filming a movie this year.
Yeah, basically they are making a clips-movie for the next two seasons. They don't want to call it that, but that is what it is.

And take what UN says with a grain of salt. Most of those folks are unpaid interns just posting stuff.