• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paint question

SkiDork

Iceman got the full tilt classics but needs to swap in a 4 tongue for the default 6. He loves the color of the tongue but the 4 only comes in white or black. I plan to spray paint the tongue to get back the green as close as I can.

Which should I buy to cover easier with the green spray paint? The white or black?

Original color:

classic.png
White tongue?
tongue-4-white.jpg
Black tongue?
tongue-4-black.jpg

Puck it

Iceman got the full tilt classics but needs to swap in a 4 tongue for the default 6. He loves the color of the tongue but the 4 only comes in white or black. I plan to spray paint the tongue to get back the green as close as I can.

Which should I buy to cover easier with the green spray paint? The white or black?

Original color:

classic.png
White tongue?
tongue-4-white.jpg
Black tongue?
tongue-4-black.jpg

Either but black won't show as much if it chips. I would roughen up the surface with some sandpaper to promote adhesion and then buy some Krylon for plastic.

Glenn

I think durability may be an issue. That's prone to a lot of flex...and a temp variations. As long he knows he may not look "perfect" all season.....

SkiDork

ok Black it is. He'll be told if won't be perfect, but if need be I can always repaint it it starts looking shabby. Thanks.

bvibert

Staff member
Definitely spend some time looking for the right paint, otherwise it'll probably start to come off after a few days. As with most other painting projects surface prep will be very key too.

NYDrew

go to your local body shop (cars....not a massage parlor in ny) and have the color you want mixed using the paint for a cars bumper. it is formulated to flex more readily and will hold up much longer if not forever.

check out performance auto body in charles court (North Bellmore, corner off Newbridge dead end across from pizzeli's pizza...same st as the new paintball place) They are really good auto body workers, they might be able to help you. PM for my full name or just say Andrew, Jeff's son sent you. Larry or Jimmy (owners) will definitely know me.

SkiDork

go to your local body shop (cars....not a massage parlor in ny) and have the color you want mixed using the paint for a cars bumper. it is formulated to flex more readily and will hold up much longer if not forever.

check out performance auto body in charles court (North Bellmore, corner off Newbridge dead end across from pizzeli's pizza...same st as the new paintball place) They are really good auto body workers, they might be able to help you. PM for my full name or just say Andrew, Jeff's son sent you. Larry or Jimmy (owners) will definitely know me.

thats nice of you. I'll check them out and let you know that happens.