• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pathetic Attempt at snowmaking....Hunter!

BenedictGomez

I didn't bother to wait in line, just went skiing.......it's not like they were going to check to see if anybody had lift tickets anyway!! Two days of skiing with three friends, not once were we asked to show a lift ticket.

LOL. I'm not sure I'd brag about that on a public forum, unless you're a Season Pass holder (I imagine you are)!

Hawkshot99

I didn't bother to wait in line, just went skiing.......it's not like they were going to check to see if anybody had lift tickets anyway!! Two days of skiing with three friends, not once were we asked to show a lift ticket.

LOL. I'm not sure I'd brag about that on a public forum, unless you're a Season Pass holder (I imagine you are)!

I have spoken to MANY people who do not other to ever buy a ticket at Hunter. They would just put a ziptie on a zipper, and if ever questioned, look shocked and say it must have ripped off. They say they have almost never been questioned though.

Funky_Catskills

I have spoken to MANY people who do not other to ever buy a ticket at Hunter. They would just put a ziptie on a zipper, and if ever questioned, look shocked and say it must have ripped off. They say they have almost never been questioned though.

I've seen people get taken by security for "theft of service" as well..

Tin

I truly hope you get caught next time.

Funky_Catskills

I truly hope you get caught next time.

Not sure about all that... But Hunter should be checking if it's an issue..

Thing about this is...
If was "getting over" on a ski area... I sure wouldn't brag about it on a website that said ski area monitors...

BenedictGomez

Thing about this is...
If was "getting over" on a ski area... I sure wouldn't brag about it on a website that said ski area monitors...

That's why I guessed that he's a Season Pass holder and hasn't received his pass yet (i.e. he paid for his skiing). Because if not, that would be remarkably dumb.

Domeskier

Last time I was at Hunter, a friend almost got tossed because he affixed his lift ticket to a fanny pack....

catskillman

last year and now again this season there has been a snowman at the top of the 6 pack that has been adorned in some way with beer cans. I was very surprised last season to see that this continued throughout the season. I heard countless comments on the chair about this also from folks I knew and complete strangers. And this weekend it was back with pbr cans for fingers. Does management not ski and see this???? What message is it sending to kids? and what does it say about the attendant that is charged with stopping the lift in an emergency and anticipating issues..... Your thoughts??

Puck it

last year and now again this season there has been a snowman at the top of the 6 pack that has been adorned in some way with beer cans. I was very surprised last season to see that this continued throughout the season. I heard countless comments on the chair about this also from folks I knew and complete strangers. And this weekend it was back with pbr cans for fingers. Does management not ski and see this???? What message is it sending to kids? and what does it say about the attendant that is charged with stopping the lift in an emergency and anticipating issues..... Your thoughts??

Lighten up, Francis! That is my comment.

JimG.

Staff member
Me too.

Now we have RFID cards at a hill with no RFID scanners. I guess Roy will still be eyeballing passes!

gmcunni

snowman with beer cans! ingenious.

at my local hill the beer cans just lay under the chairlift... so boring.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shawnee Peak Maine has a big barrel under their lift for the beer cans. They built a sort of funneled out rim to increase people's chances of scoring two points. It seems to really prevent the litter on other parts of the lift line.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Yeah and they gave me a cord so I can wear it around my neck!! OK Roy hang on while I have to zip open my jacket............nah i put it on last year's recoiling clip. BTW RFID gates to come too!
In a couple years probably :-(

Roy's cool and a good skier too!

gmcunni

I guess they will be handheld scanners for now. BTW, I like the snowman! We need to stop overprotecting our kids, before we start raising a bunch of self entitled wimps! Let the flames fly!

does hunter have a "bra tree". i know of a mountain that won't allow one.