• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

People are real scum bags

Puck it

A woman stole my daughters car last night while she was at the gym. She took the keys of the locker. My daughtger left her purse in the car along with her boyfriends wallet. He is from Vermont and now has no ID or money. The woman then proceeded to try and use their debit cards. Both declined. But she used a credit card a CVS and Walgreen's to towns away. I got an email trying to verify a purchase that was declined. No cameras at the gym but hopefully they got her on camera in the drug stores.

And she has finals starting today at school and her ADD meds were in the car.

I am so PO'ed.

skiNEwhere

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have ADD myself and the difference in concentration when I'm on them vs off is like night and day, so I know it can be really hard to try and focus on one thing if you're not taking them. Hopefully she can explain that to her Dr since I know you can't get refills on that med and he can write up a new script quickly.

As far as the cc, can you get her one of those temporary Visa gift cards that act as a credit card in the mean time?

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Maybe you can get in touch with any Dr at that office and explain the situation. They can look up her med records and maybe another Dr will prescribe it one time.

Worth a shot

Puck it

Maybe you can get in touch with any Dr at that office and explain the situation. They can look up her med records and maybe another Dr will prescribe it one time.

Worth a shot
Only one doctor and no answering service.

gmcunni

that sucks, sorry.. hope u get her meds straightened out quckly and the bitch gets what she deserves.

hammer

Interesting about how many posts/questions were on the meds...I was also thinking of that more than the car. Hope everything works out.

skirick

Good luck with all that Puck It. Had cash stolen from my wallet out of a unlocked gym locker while i was in the shower at a high end health club I used to belong to. I thought it was strange how my wallet was sitting on top of my clothes when I opened it but I guess I'm lucky they left the wallet.
Pretty sad but I think over 60% of those polled said the only thing stopping them from committing a crime was fear of getting caught.

dlague

That is pretty messed up! It kind of makes you question everything around you! Even more so if something like this happen to you. In many cases, we probably all could be close to something like this and never know - wrong place at the wrong time!

Good Luck!