• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

xwhaler

Having a Great North IPA, out of Manchester, NH. Real good piney, floral hoppy goodness. Slightly bitter. Delicious, almost a double at 7%, yet very drinkable. Great brew at $9 six pack.

I too enjoy those.....their smoked rauchbier....not so much!

drjeff

Rauchbier's are like Gose's in that you either like them or not the 1st time you try the style, and if you don't like the style the first time you try it, the chances of you learning to like the style is really slim!! :beer:

chuckstah

Rauchbier's are like Gose's in that you either like them or not the 1st time you try the style, and if you don't like the style the first time you try it, the chances of you learning to like the style is really slim!! :beer:

I really dislike the Gose style. Some of the top rated Hill Farmstead, among others, have been wasted on me.

drjeff

I really dislike the Gose style. Some of the top rated Hill Farmstead, among others, have been wasted on me.

I actually like Gose's!! I didn't at 1st, but on closing day of the Station Taproom at Mount Snow, my go to apres bar by far, in the '13-'14 season, they had a $1 pint kick they keg special until all the kegs were gone. In the end it was down to Founders Rubaeus (and I'm allergic to raspberries) or Lost Nation Gose - I drank about $10 worth of the Lost Nation and have since taken a true liking to the Gose style!! :) :lol: :beer:

prsboogie

I actually like Gose's!! I didn't at 1st, but on closing day of the Station Taproom at Mount Snow, my go to apres bar by far, in the '13-'14 season, they had a $1 pint kick they keg special until all the kegs were gone. In the end it was down to Founders Rubaeus (and I'm allergic to raspberries) or Lost Nation Gose - I drank about $10 worth of the Lost Nation and have since taken a true liking to the Gose style!! :) :lol: :beer:

LN gose is one of, if not the best I've had! Two Roads has a very good one as well. Definitely not my go to style but, shite for $1 a draft I would have been gose there 😎

drjeff

LN gose is one of, if not the best I've had! Two Roads has a very good one as well. Definitely not my go to style but, shite for $1 a draft I would have been gose there 😎

That Two Roads Geyser Gose (a collaboration with Evil Twin) is mighty tasty!

As for the Lost Nation, one of the bartenders in the Station Taproom, who is also a Gose fan, and probably served me about $7 worth of LN Gose on that kick the keg day I mentioned, still to this day whenever I grab a seat at that bar an a keg of it is on tap, pours me one without asking what I want for my 1st beer of the day!! :) :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Finally made it to Night Shift Brewery today. Enjoying their Morph, which is their rotating IPA series. This beer is Legit!!

Also picked up 4 packs of their Santilli and 87.

Really cool tasting room. Odd choice to have it in Everett. I can only assume cheap rent.

Attachments

• 1455314879259.jpg
    1455314879259.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 33

JDMRoma

LT TrippleBag ..... It's what's for dinner !

It's a pretty versatile brew, good for Breakfast with a PB&J or with pizza and or anything off the grill. It's my go too beer this week !ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1455317268.808725.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Night Shift The 87 DIPA

Exceptional!! Reminds me very much of Fiddlehead Second Fiddle

This solidifies Night Shift as a regular stop every time I head to Boston. Without a doubt a brewery on par with the very best in New England.

Being able to walk in and out with no can limit? Yes please

prsboogie

Night Shift The 87 DIPA

This solidifies Night Shift as a regular stop every time I head to Boston. Without a doubt a brewery on par with the very best in New England.

Couldn't agree more!!

LUNCH - its what's for dinner!!

Attachments

• 1455499112480.jpg
    1455499112480.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 39

HD333

Night Shift The 87 DIPA

Did you try Whirlpool? Incredibly crushable Pale Ale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prsboogie

Did you try Whirlpool? Incredibly crushable Pale Ale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love Whirlpool.

Tried this last night, haven't had any other Ryes so I don't have a comparison but it was drinkable. Not an abundance of flavor though.

Attachments

• 1455544071878.jpg
    1455544071878.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 37

roark

FB_IMG_1455845113334.jpg Boston trip going well so far, hit up nightshift last night - solid ipas, barrel'd is a good sour, awake is a good coffee porter, bennington was a bit much maple for me, Marilyn a little rough but I picked up a couple bottles that I think will age well. Was a little disappointed by trilliums congress st - still good but a bit heavy on the burnt rubber quality. Big sprang is pretty tasty and a unique take on a kolsch. Currently enjoying night shift whirlpool - really different! Green melon and pineapple hop , super crushable. Very nice!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Love Whirlpool.

Tried this last night, haven't had any other Ryes so I don't have a comparison but it was drinkable. Not an abundance of flavor though.

The RYE is just okay. Did you buy it at the brewery?

I'm not sure what their brewing process is, but Stoneface has a really short shelf life. Most of their beers are very good when fresh, but become pedestrian after a few weeks in the refrigerator.

prsboogie

Ya got it direct. Not usually a style I would go for normally. The IPA I had from them was good 4 months later ( bought fresh from brewery)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Interesting. I've always loved the IPA when bought direct from the brewery. I've bought some at the store in my town (%10 miles from the source) and if I hold onto a few weeks it goes from being top flight, to just decent. Some of my friends have had similar experiences. Maybe just unlucky