• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sandwich Thread..

Hey All,

I'm reading this diet book my Mom gave me and it's giving me all different types of ideas for different sandwiches. What are your favorite sandwiches..grilled or cold? If you were to make the ultimate sandwich, what ingrediants would it have on it and on what kind of bread/roll? For grilled..ham and steeze is always an old standby. The Smokehouse turkey panini from Panera is pretty good and there's a similar one at Saladworks. The local bar has a sandwich called Kathys favorite which is turkey, cheddar, bacon and tomato grilled on Marble rye bread...with some chips, a pickle and a frothy cold beverage, you are in sandwich heaven...holy runon sentence..For cold corned beef on rye or a bagel is good or smoked salmon.

Now for the ultimate sandwich...French Bagette/Roll..smoked turkey, bacon, roast beef, avocado, red onions, arugula, a little shredded taco cheese, pesto-mustard..and tortilla chips in the sandwich!!!!

If I lived in NYC, I'd weigh at least 300 pounds from all the corned beef sandwiches I'd consume. Is Bens Deli still around??

drjeff

My personal fav is a slight variation on the classic Monte Cristo

Ham, slice of tomato, some cheddar, some dijon mustard, a couple of thick slices of sourdough bread lightly dipped in egg and then grill to golden brown :)

Mmmm

ctenidae

Reuben is the old standby, also my basic test of a sandwich place's quality.

Saw one on Anthony Bordain last night- in Chicago, sandwich was fried pork loin, ham, and bacon. Looked awesome.

Beiderman's in Plymouth NH has a fantastic selection- best is turkey and bacon on a Boa. That and a cold beer is a perfect after-ski meal.

If you can pull yourself away from the ribs at Grumpys Roadhouse, try out the smoked Turkey Po-Boy...Local turkey breast..probably Jandl..sliced and piled on a steak rol...with bacon, muester cheese, lettuce, tomato and bistro sauce(spicy mustard).....the best 7 bucks you'll ever spend!!!

Rushski

Don't see it too much (and probably why I like it so much) is a turkey Philly type sub. Basically just a steak and cheese with turkey instead. Also it is better w/Swiss...

snoseek

I had an incredible Cuban the other night, I forgot how good they are!!