• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SNOW TRIP costs, to where?? How does yours break down?? as a Person or as a group.

gmcunni

You know, this would be a good mobile app.

Plug in your location. And it shows total cost to ski at different resorts including lift price + gas + tolls.

there was an app years ago that did similar.. you put in your zip code and it listed resorts by time/miles/cost. link to each for details on conditions.. not lodging tho.. perhaps you could revive it and update the AZ map section?

here is how it looked:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080117054917/http://www.skidweeb.com/

dlague

Quad pack at Sugarbush is a no brainer if you know you will go there. 4 tickets, no restrictions for $200.

Also , Hostel tevere in Warren, rates are $35/pp per night I believe. I'd go there if i were just a single person or going with a small group. Best breakfast in town, too.

If you plan on skiing Sugarbush 4 times then is is not that bad but....

That is still $50 per ticket which is too high for me! I prefer to get the Ski Vermont 5 pass combined with The Ride and Ski Card and I get 2-3 days in at Sugarbush and spend less per visit. Throw in a Warren Miller Movie ($15-20) mid week comp and you have a deal! As a rule I try to shoot for $40 or less per visit and most are less - in some cases way less. So lift tickets are not to much of an issue. My problem is the Apres Ski stuff - $$!

pcampbell

I use the quad packs as bait for my friends and family in New Jersey to visit and I have a feelingthey often come on what are considered holidays or holiday weeks. Worth the $10 extra for that reason I guess, but the Ski 3 Ski 5 stuff looks like a great deal if you know you are coming off peak.

BenedictGomez

Quad packs suck if you get hurt & can't get there.

Most mountains have triple and quad ticket deals, and frankly, I find I can generally beat them with other deals if I'm really only going to ski there 3 or 4 times. Of course, I dont consider myself to be a mere mortal when it comes to "Skiing On The Cheap".

Riverskier

Primarily a daytripper to Sunday River... $20 (per day skiing cost with pass)+ $12 (gas)+ $12 (2 beers at the bar)= $44 a day total. Money well spent and a great value for a day's entertainment! The pass is paid for in the spring too, so it really only feels like about $20 a day for skiing, including beer at the bar!

dlague

Primarily a daytripper to Sunday River... $20 (per day skiing cost with pass)+ $12 (gas)+ $12 (2 beers at the bar)= $44 a day total. Money well spent and a great value for a day's entertainment! The pass is paid for in the spring too, so it really only feels like about $20 a day for skiing, including beer at the bar!

Advantages of being a local to a bigger resort! We are locals to ok resorts like Ragged (40 minutes), Gunstock (35 Minutes), Sunapee (40 minutes) and Waterville (50 Minutes) but I have not been interested is seasons passes to any of them. I guess I could cut travel costs considerably if I did but skiing 20 different resorts/mountains each season is my version of Winter.

Riverskier

Advantages of being a local to a bigger resort! We are locals to ok resorts like Ragged (40 minutes), Gunstock (35 Minutes), Sunapee (40 minutes) and Waterville (50 Minutes) but I have not been interested is seasons passes to any of them. I guess I could cut travel costs considerably if I did but skiing 20 different resorts/mountains each season is my version of Winter.

If I lived where you did I would consider skiing around too. I am just over an hour to SR, which is awesome, but only that proximity to a couple other mountains. Luckily with a few Mt Abram/Sugarloaf trips thrown in I am happy doing most of my skiing at SR. SR is a big place and I will often do most of my skiing on a couple peaks each day, and then change it up the next day, so almost like different mountains! As much as I LOVE Mt Abram I just couldn't do a season pass at a place like that, as there just isn't enough terrain variety to keep me entertained day after day.