• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow? Yes. Crowds? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
nice acrticle, thanks for posting.

Because the majority of skiers and snowboarders are big-mountain snobs. They flock to the major players in the industry, influenced by mass marketing, their own egos and the sense that a mountain can't be worth visiting unless your friends back home have heard of it.
amen.

gores95

Very good article...thanks for posting.

You know, I am usually planning an early season trip for my family and I definitely fall into the same trap discussed here. I look for the larger mountains...K, Stratton, Okemo but in this case because I feel the snow this early on will be better and more plentiful. Pico and S6 still are not even opened. That being said I am sure there are better. less crowded choices than K (where we will be the weekend of 12/16).

I would love to try the Burke's, Bolton's and Magic's of the NE skiing world. Maybe next year!!!

ski_adk

I must confess that I might be a big mountain snob...

I mean I definately prefer skiing 2000' vert in single runs. There's nothing cooler to me than a run that takes more than time to ski than to ride up to. The variety of terrain that can be skied in single descents feels almost endless at some mountains and the scenery simply can't be beat.

With that said, I have a 6/7 pass at Jiminy Peak which provides a great stomping ground to practice and test my skills and creativity. Ski Plattekill is a top-5 favorite for me.

So, sure, some people just want to brag that they can ski on some big huge mountain and are too good for the smaller hills out there. They just haven't figured out that it's not necessarily what mountain you ski, but how you carve and enjoy it that counts most.

Status
Not open for further replies.