• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Some Good Deals Await....

thetrailboss

Staff member
...you at Circuit City.

They just filed Chapter 11 Bankrutpcy. :eek:

No surprise since I have not shopped there in many years...they are too expensive and not as good as Best Buy IMHO.

I got a steezy laptop there that was normally $700 bucks for $500 at circuit city a few months ago..Best Buy is a way better store though..

ctenidae

I heard an interview with a guy (I forget his name) who is (well, was) the largest shareholder. He was pushing for Circuit City to give all the land under its stores to a Real Estate Investment Trust, which would collect rent and pay a dividend, saving Circuit City a large amount of cash. Actually a pretty nifty plan, in a lot of ways.

Guess that won't happen now.

wa-loaf

They had some iPod trade-in thing last year. I brought in my old broken iPod and got like 50 bucks in credit. I think I went and spent like 54 bucks. :lol:

drjeff

Got my plasma tv from them :eek: I did buy the extended warrantee though which is run through a 3rd party company, and I am actually using the warrantee right now (bad screen which the warrantee company just made the descision to replace for the 2nd time). The thing that really irks me though is that that right now, the 50" plasma that I bought a bit over 2 years ago is now onsale for less than 1/3rd of what I paid back then :mad: :rolleyes:

Mildcat

Best news I've heard all day, I HATE Circuit Shitty with a passion. :uzi:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I have trouble going into most big box electronic stores. I feel most of the time, they try to oversell you on a features that you don't really need. Even if I'm just doing a little "market research" on a/v equipment, they are all about the hard sell. I worked at Service Merchandise over 10 years ago, and I would ask my customers what their viewing habits were before steering them towards a particular item. I've never seen that happen at CC or BB. Must be a lost art...