• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top 20 ski baas in NE

deadheadskier

Staff member
Can't argue with numbers 1 & 2. Both the Black Line Tavern and Matterhorn are great.

But Ptarmigans at #4? That might be my #1 least favorite ski area bar

Edd

Can't argue with numbers 1 & 2. Both the Black Line Tavern and Matterhorn are great.

But Ptarmigans at #4? That might be my #1 least favorite ski area bar
Yeah Ptarmigans is off base. Replace it with Wildcat’s pub. I consider the front deck upstairs a part of the bar in spring. They’ve brought drinks out to us there before, and you’re staring at Mt Washington out there. And the rear deck does not suck.

drjeff

I'm not sure if I should be proud, or concerned that I've been to the vast majoritity of that entire list! ;) :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: 🍻 :dontknow:

Hawk

That is an odd list. several on there are stange and I think they missed on the Starks Pub at Mad River and the Matterhorn at Sunday river. just my take.

puckoach

Have not been to all. But, can't see leaving off the North Woodstock Inn and Brew Pub. See you there for the Superbowl!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't know how it is as far as Apres, but I'll throw the Freestyle Lounge at Waterville as a top 20 if not top 10 on Mountain ski area bar in New England.

I hadn't been to Waterville in at least 10 years until today. They did a great job with the lodge expansion and renovations. Had lunch with my son in the Freestyle Lounge. Food was good, not too expensive, drafts could be a little better (but adequate), great staff/service, massive and attractive space.

Smellytele

I don't know how it is as far as Apres, but I'll throw the Freestyle Lounge at Waterville as a top 20 if not top 10 on Mountain ski area bar in New England.

I hadn't been to Waterville in at least 10 years until today. They did a great job with the lodge expansion and renovations. Had lunch with my son in the Freestyle Lounge. Food was good, not too expensive, drafts could be a little better (but adequate), great staff/service, massive and attractive space.
Usually go to the T-bar while there. Have been to the other one in the main lodge but not since the renovation.