• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: December Chicken and Snowmaking

WoodCore

Meat: 6lb whole chicken

Rub: Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic, Salt, Pepper and Garlic

Wood Chips: Mesquite and Whiskey

Liquid in drip pan: 1 Can of Budweiser

Prep: Nothing fancy! Simply rubbed the entire chicken with the above spices. Also prepared two foil pockets one with red potatoes, salt pepper and olive oil, the other with baby carrots seasoned with ginger and soy sauce. Lined the drip pan with foil added a beer and used a few handfuls of mesquite and whiskey wood chips.

Cook time: Slightly over an hour and a half in the Orion.

Results: Great flavor and super moist meat. The potatoes and the carrots came out nice as well and retained a hint of the smoke flavor. I've been picking at the leftovers all afternoon!

Pictures:

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
WC - looks like you've nailed it! I like to take the leftovers from a smoked chicken & chop it up a bit, mix it w/ some mayo for some smokey chicken salad.

Glenn

LOL:lol: I love his Blackened Steak Magic for steaks on the grill. You have got to respect a guy who creates a recipe that coats a steak in butter before grilling it!:rolleyes:

Paula Dean's long lost brother.