• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: The New Yankee Stadium

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Date: April 21, 2009

Event: Yankees vs. Oakland

Conditions: Misty, temps in the low 50's

Trip Report: I was offered two tickets to the Yankees vs. Oakland game last night, and since it was the third game in the new stadium, how could I say no.

I left Jersey around 4:30 and got to the Bronx around 5:15. Pretty good actually. I parked at the Ruppert parking garage, had a quick safety meeting and ate a sandwich before heading in.

The new stadium is impressive. It's still really weird, seeing the new stadium right next to the old one. At first glance, they both appear around the same size, however the new stadium seems much larger. Massive actually. I'm impressed at how well everything is laid out. I found my co-worker at the top of the steps by Babe Ruth park and we ventured inside.

The inside is very modern. Huge HD screen in the lobby and flat panel lcd's everywhere you look. The HD panel in center field is absolutely amazing. Unbeatable picture quality.

The stadium is awesome, but it's lost the "historic" feel that the old ballpark had. The bathrooms are amazingly clean. Your feet don't even stick to the floor anymore! The view of the playing field is great. I understand the field dimensions are exactly the same, but it looks smaller because the seating area is bigger. the Archways no longer go across the back wall of the entire outfield but are in place everywhere else. It's nice to still see the subway still running behind the outfield. I wonder if that was planned or it just worked out that way. The moving banner is cool, one of the best I've seen. It looks like there's a lot more bleacher seats available. That's good.

We had great seats. Field Level section 124, row 17 (padded seats). I'll take those seats anytime. Jason Giambi got one heck of a standing ovation. Fun game overall. Lots of good hits and plays and the Yanks won it 5-3. Wahoo!

Pics for your enjoyment

Driving up
IMG_0309.jpg

Walking in
IMG_0310.jpg

Lobby
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Padded seats!
IMG_0337.jpg

Be alert...the world needs more lerts :D
IMG_0350.jpg

That hose never touches the infield
IMG_0353.jpg

Thanks YES Network!!!
IMG_0355.jpg

The BIG screen
IMG_0366.jpg

The ball field
IMG_0370.jpg

Jeter
IMG_0383.jpg

Swisher
IMG_0395.jpg

Matsui
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Disco Stu in the house!!
IMG_0411.jpg

Grounds crew doing the Y-M-C-A
IMG_0415.jpg

Outside, after the game
IMG_0428.jpg

Panoramic view
YankeeStadium.jpg

ozzy

WOW, those are crazy good seats. I could just imagine how much those costs. Can't wait to get there May 17 vs MIN

nice TR. thanks

ComeBackMudPuddles

great pix!! thanks for sharing and i can't wait to check out the stadium some day myself. go yanks!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty swanky, but I'd still rather get splinters in my ass sitting in a 100 year old wooden seat designed for a 120 pound person while drinking stale luke warm beer from a draught system that hasn't been cleaned since the Kennedy administration. :smash:

Go Sox!!!

Pretty swanky, but I'd still rather get splinters in my ass sitting in a 100 year old wooden seat designed for a 120 pound person while drinking stale luke warm beer from a draught system that hasn't been cleaned since the Kennedy administration. :smash:

Go Sox!!!

A little bit of Denis Leary in you today..

ozzy

I looked them up. Those tickets go for $375 a piece. :eek:

That's NUTS, but not even close to the most expensive seat in the house. What that one seat cost is MORE than what one of my 15 game Friday Plan seats costs for the season. Of course the view is a little dirfferent

Sec408Row13_infield.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That's NUTS, but not even close to the most expensive seat in the house. What that one seat cost is MORE than what one of my 15 game Friday Plan seats costs for the season. Of course the view is a little dirfferent

Sec408Row13_infield.jpg
Hopefully, I'll be able to get the booth a few times as well. I can't even begin to guess what that must cost (they have private bathrooms). Gonna be tough, as EVERYONE who advertises on YES expects a night in the booth.

ozzy

I know. That's all Kay and Co talk about is that damn booth...
Sterling and his puppet Waldman are no better

ozzy

We have eight in sec 408 (I have two, my parents have three and my sister and her family have three). They were $20 per for the 15 game friday play (they throw in two crap games as there's only 13 Friday's)
We used to have the Sunday plan for in TR 11 row C and those were sick, but we got hosed with the relocation. I wanted to drop four, but I know that we'll never get eight together again or at least not for a while. Here's to better seats next year.
The funniest thing is that I spent $600 and the first game we see is at Fenway on Saturday

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That's funny.

I may do the bleachers after work a few times for the party and maybe one Saturday day game with the mrs soon.