• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trade a free lift ticket at Killington (and/or cash, beers, fishing trip?) for couple hours of morning lessons?

Fishin413

Just like the title says! Looking for someone with teaching experience that can show me the basics in the morning and then ditch me. I just went on an emotional rollercoaster with the Killington Ski School. Got a lesson booked and paid for then the lady put me on hold and came back on to tell me that was a computer error and lessons don't start until the 12/10. So here's my Hail Mary post, and I still might just ride up anyway and wing it.

M40, regular non-weird dude from western MA, office professional, avid outdoors, boating, fishing, 420 friendly. Went snowboarding twice 10 years ago but never skied a day in my life. I've got all the gear, boots fitted etc. Just need someone to show me the basics.

Willing to pay for your lift ticket, add some cash, bring up some good beers from the area or trade time for a fresh or salt water fishing trip this coming Spring on my 20 foot Sailfish or Quabbin boat.

So, anyone with teaching experience want to ski for free and then some tomorrow?

Fishin413

So by all accounts this would have been a bad idea. Just to recap, this all starred because two people at the ski school (though now it's likely they were just operators not instructors) told me coming up and "giving it a shot" as an absolute beginner was a good plan. Sounds like that miscommunication at the mountain was all sorted out, and from all the replies it's pretty obvious that had I gone with no instructor and zero experience it would have been somewhere between miserable and dangerous.

Thanks again to everyone that chimed in. This offer is still good for the coming weeks once more appropriate terrain opens!

Fishin413

You are right on! I have helped a couple 1st timers from the top after they went through the same thing at the beginning of the season when no instructors are available, I was able to teach and get them down without a problem because of my teaching history, I also used to teach snowboarding, but going on your own no way, good call
Thanks. I wasn't afraid of the hiking or short runs, and despite all this I'm still beyond stoked to get out there. But I'm not an idiot and when its 95% Don't Go, I don't go haha.