• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Transformers

bvibert

Staff member
I'll have to check it out. I loved the cartoon when I was a kid. Never did get that Optimus Prime toy like I wanted though... :(

roark

I'll be the dissenter. Dumb, dumb, movie. And yes I was a fan of the cartoon.

PA Ridge Racer

I'll be the dissenter. Dumb, dumb, movie. And yes I was a fan of the cartoon.

There was one cheesy part that had to do with the love story but the special effects and the robots themselves far outweighed that. There were even a lot of references to the cartoon which was nice. The only thing I would have changed was there was very little dialogue amongst the decepticons. The once scene with very short dialogue between Megatron and Starscream was really cool but left me wanting more...thats my one minor complaint though. I think they set it up for a sequal.

roark

That's what I was afraid of... Guess I'll have to find out for myself one of these days.
If you go into it not expecting anything more than some special effects it might be alright, I had some people hype it up so I actually expected something...:x

bvibert

Staff member
BTW, I had two Optimus Primes as a kid... one with the trailer and one of those funky white one's that came out when the original movie was made.

Nice, thanks for rubbing it in. ;) I only had the smaller crappier transformers, hell they probably weren't even real transformers. Like my GI Bob and Star Worms action figures...

JimG.

Staff member
We bought it for our 5 year old last weekend...He's been bugging us for it since it became available on DVD.

It is a fun and entertaining movie...even after watching it 127 times.

tcharron

I'll have to check it out. I loved the cartoon when I was a kid. Never did get that Optimus Prime toy like I wanted though... :(

They did a really good job of telling a different story while maintaining the original feel of the characters.

Whole bunch of one liners that older generations will appreciate..

"There's more then meets the eye.. OMG, what kind of stupid line was that??"

tcharron

Nice, thanks for rubbing it in. ;) I only had the smaller crappier transformers, hell they probably weren't even real transformers. Like my GI Bob and Star Worms action figures...

*stares at the gen 1 transformer sitting atop his desk*

Every year for Christmas for like, 16 years people would ask what I wanted for Christmas. I always responded, "Optimus Prime". LIke a year and a half ago for my birthday, my gf actually got one on ebay for a decent price. :-D

Now I ask for new skis, and she regrets buying me it. lol.

JimG.

Staff member
*stares at the gen 1 transformer sitting atop his desk*

Every year for Christmas for like, 16 years people would ask what I wanted for Christmas. I always responded, "Optimus Prime". LIke a year and a half ago for my birthday, my gf actually got one on ebay for a decent price. :-D

Now I ask for new skis, and she regrets buying me it. lol.

Damn, you guys are worse than my 5 year old.

PA Ridge Racer

WARNING...Nerd Alert...please read at your own peril!

My brothers and I had all of the good ones (Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave, Wheel Jack, even those construction vehicles that formed into one big robot) but they mysteriously disappeared (uhhh parents tossed them) as we got older. I did manage to pick up optimus prime (without the trailer) and grimlock (leader of the dinobots) a few years back which I still have somewhere.

Grassi21

Mine are all still sitting in a box at my parents house... along with my Star Wars and GI Joes.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
WARNING...Nerd Alert...please read at your own peril!

My brothers and I had all of the good ones (Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave, Wheel Jack, even those construction vehicles that formed into one big robot) but they mysteriously disappeared (uhhh parents tossed them) as we got older. I did manage to pick up optimus prime (without the trailer) and grimlock (leader of the dinobots) a few years back which I still have somewhere.
Constructacons, I had those. Had Megatron and Showwave too. Those were the good ole days.