• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trip Report: Mount Ascutney from W. Windsor TF

gereddunne

Found a few new ways up and down this old backcountry favorite. And it's all backcountry since they haven't mowed the resort trails in what feels like a dozen years.

http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/2013/01/trip-report-ascutney-123012.html

Would love to hear from anyone who has been up east or south side trails. It wold be great to know how thick things are on those aspects.

ben.jpg

reefer

Thanks for the Ascutney stoke. I know nothing about backcountry but Ascutney has always been one of my favorites to hit a few days after a storm..........................so sad to see it sit dormant.
So much potential.

xwhaler

Thanks for the Ascutney stoke. I know nothing about backcountry but Ascutney has always been one of my favorites to hit a few days after a storm..........................so sad to see it sit dormant.
So much potential.

+1. Great day the one time i visited right before they closed. Underrated terrain

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AlpineZone mobile app