• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Using an iPhone to view the forum

TheBEast

Anyone have any tips for using an iPhone to watch the forums? Using Safari can be tough since you have to zoom in and out and scroll all around.....anyone have any thoughts? We need an AZ APP!!!

frozencorn

An app would be nice...If you flip it, it's OK, but only if you zoom in to be able to see the topics. Not ideal but I make it work. I hardly ever post from it though because that's a whole separate pain.

Glenn

I sometimes use my BlackBerry. It works pretty well. Although, it won't always show that most goes through. If you ever see multiple post from me in a row, you'll know why.

Another forum I'm a member us has a mobile version of the forum. It must dedect the browser. It makes life a lot easier. It pretty much converts the forum into all text. You don't get to view pics, but if you want to catch up on posts or make a quick post, it's pretty easy.

MRGisevil

No real tips, just keep using it. I find the more I use the phone the easier it is to maneuver. Oh, actually, wait- here's a tip. Get lasik. With the new eyes I can see the -4 font with no problems :lol:

dmc

The site chews up resources... Not really good for mobile... But still not bad on the IPhone..

Anyone hear that SKYPE is coming out with an IPhone app? sweet....

TheBEast

I have the money for one..it's just spending it..

Then get one already....I was going back and forth about it, but quite frankly it's probably the best purchave I've made in a long time (outside of the pair of Volkl Mantras I bought last year :razz:). It's easy to use and the cool factor is way up there. I don't think I can live without it now.