• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail, CO 2/1/2013

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Date(s) Skied: February 1, 2013

Resort or Ski Area: Vail, CO

Conditions: Pow Pow/wooo winddyy!

Trip Report: There was more snow to be had!! Conditions weren't as amazing as yesterday (so spoiled now), but we got some awesome turns in. Drive in was a little slow with traffic and Vail Village Parking Lot was full so we had to park in Lionshead which turned out to be a big pain in our rears.

We got a prime parking spot at Lionshead and after we got all our gear on we were probably at Eagle Bahn Gondola by 10am. We took Eagle Bahn Gondola and skied in Wildwood for a quick minute. Game plan was to get to the back bowls as soon as we could to get away from lift lines and such; which were pretty bad everywhere. We skied down Kangaroo Cornice and took up Mountain Top Express which finally brought us to the outlook of Blue Sky Basin. We skied China Bowl and Sun Down quite a bit as we continued to enjoy our traverse to the way back. Visibility was way better today and although the snow was still soft and fluffy, we weren't hucking cliffs like the previous day. Once we got back to Blue Sky we took Steep & Deep down to some fun tracked out tree runs. Amanda and I drank a couple brewskis at the Dawg Haus while Tom and Phil took one run up Pete's Express Lift. After that we started working our way back towards Lionshead (about an hours worth of navigating...). We hit the park underneath the Eagle Bahn (Tom's thang) and Amanda and I got to test out our courage on some sweet boxes. All in all a great day

Snow was like ginormous soft clouds.....falling was a game again and smiles were contagious. Hooting and hollering were still appropriate and heard miles away all over the mountain.
:-D

Here are just a few pics below (we have lots of video footage.. that will take me a moment to compile) One of my best girlfriends Amanda came to visit with her boyfriend, Tom. They brought the snow, and for that I am eternally grateful to both of them.
GOPR2660.JPG

GOPR2658.JPG

GOPR2650.JPG