• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2/2/07

Zand

Date(s) Skied: 2/2/07

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: PP, LSGR, Powder late

Trip Report:

Well, a new month seemed to bring a new beginning to Wachusett as today was easily the best of the year so far. Most of that is thanks to Wa FINALLY getting some natural from 6 till closing which really made the trails nice. It was very crowded, so I guess everyone knew things were going to be good.

10th: Moguls are back on 10th! And they were good! A little bit of an irregular pattern but they were very manageable and after it was snowing for a while, not even that scratchy either. I wish they'd stay this nice, but I'll give them till Sunday and they'll be 100% crap. Past the moguls things were very nice for cruising albeit some lights out near the 2nd road which was kind of dangerous due to the amount of people that stand there. Due to the combination of no light, snow heavily falling, and fog, it was very tough to see where you were going.

Smith: Took a few runs after grooming which were mint. The LSGR showed up fast and made for some mounds and deep loose stuff. Nice to make short turns in. Polar was actually running faster than normal (noticeable by how hard it was hitting the back of peoples legs at the loading station) with around a 5-10 minute wait.

Hitchcock: Park is the same as it was Tuesday. Not too many people, but some people were sitting on jumps and stuff and that was pissing me off. And they wonder why they needed to implement park passes. The rest of the trail was OK.

Look Mom: Not too much has changed besides the addition of another large jump and a spine at the end. The halfpipe opened Wednesday and while it looks VERY screwed up, it really isn't that bad. Hopefully they'll make it even better as the days pass. Minuteman was in full speed with a 5-15 minute wait.

Looks like some great snowmaking oppurtunities coming up in the next week. I'll be back Wednesday night, Friday night, and then MRV next weekend.