• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2/6/10

Zand

Date(s) Skied: Friday Night 2/5/10

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett, MA

Conditions: PP, LSGR

Trip Report:

Stopped at Wachusett on the way back from school tonight. Only skied a couple hours but it was my longest session since Sugarbush. After skiing exclusively in Vermont for 3 weeks, man is Wachusett flat lol.

Conifer: Pretty good... some slick spots, some LSGR spots, and mostly nice PP. Lots of people scattered around. Weird seeing other people on ski trails haha.

10th: Moguls were re-seeded since I was last there as my line on the left was gone. Looked like there were some lines down the middle but it was really slick so I only took one run. Tried out the Cider shop in the Bullock Lodge... donut and cider were good but expensive for the small amount of food. My biggest gripe is people who can't ski 10th are forced down it to get to the lodge. So much so that it seemed like ski patrol shifted its analness from Conifer over to 10th a little bit.

Smith: A few slick spots but the steep was full of LSGR down the right side. Hit that a few times as it was the loosest snow I've skied in about 2 weeks. Lower was scraped a bit but not too bad.

Hitchcock/Frannies: Hitchcock was good. Frannies has a mini park (true to the name... an entire 2 features: a small jump and a box) which was scraped to hell as expected. I was gonna hit the Look Mom park after 9 but they closed it at 9 (I don't understand why it needs to be regulated to the point where when the park staff want to go home they close the entire trail).

Ralphs: Usual Ralph's. Not much to elaborate on. Lines were moderate much of the night with 5-10 mins in the group lines and 1-3 minute singles lines. Skied on for a couple runs after 9.

Back to Burke Monday afternoon... looks like some snow there Sunday, would be nice to have some stuff that's actually exciting skiable again.

EDIT: Title should be 2/5, not 2/6. I'm not predicting the future, I swear lol.

speden

Slumming at Wawa eh? Must be a big letdown from the other places you've been skiing lately.

I was thinking of hitting up Wawa on Sunday, but I seem to have sprained one of my calf muscles during the week, so guess I better stay off it for a few days. I was hoping that snowstorm would at least reach up to Mass. and freshen up the snow there, but no such luck.

Bumpsis

I made a promise to myself to stay away from Wachusett, especially on weekends.
Hit it a couple of weekends ago because the family was late out of a starting gate for day trip to Cannon, so decided to work with the time we had.
Mistake! Wawa is just such a zoo. I can't remember the last time I faced such crowds.
Just not my scene.