• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wanna watch men play war?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If so, come to Lexington this Saturday and Monday. I've lived here for 13 lucky year and never seen grown men take this so seriously. They play war just like me and my street pals played cowboys and Indians when we were 8YO. Bang, you're dead!

Anyways, I watched it a couple times, even got up at 5 am to watch them play and then eat lousy pancakes afterward. Nowadays, I just leave town to do something more fun.
I hold no disrespect for the re-enactors, since it's their form of play time and I like to play in the snow in the mountains. Some of these guys spend upwards of $2K for their uniforms. (Makes buying new skis look like chump change!) The rest of the year, they spend a lot of time going to ceremonies and standing straight in a row for long periods of time.

If you wanna come at 5am, be sure to bring a stepladder ;)

http://www.lexingtonminutemen.com/

Warp Daddy

Been there seen it . Our Town also annual huge gatherings of both French and Indian War re-enactors in the summer and War of 1812 re-enactors in Winter . Being a border town on the St Lawrence River fotifications were critical in these conflicts to assure control of commerce and border security .

It's is amazing $$$$ these folks spend on this stuff. Our town is rebuilding a fort from the late 1600's and has been involved with this project for several years it

The Queen and I will be near Lexington visiting family Patriots day week but our venue will be the Boston Marathon on Patriots Day

TheBEast

I think when I was in Boy Scouts we used to go down there and do the Minute Man March of some sorts around those parts......

bigbog

..even a little earlier!

Would be kinda fun to get there in early, as in darkened, AM....stake out a hiding place among the bushes, and when ready...when in distance of your target, jump out and wrestle one of em' down.... Invade a set....wanna get some realistic fear in their eyes..!..:grin:
Maybe if just by yourself...might get thrown in jail, but if one were to have 7-8 buddies lurkin' with you in the bushes...LOL...

or..ahem, maybe not;-)

Last edited: