• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread 8/28-8/30...

It's another weekend..I've obviously been slacking on these weekend thread so I thought I'd start another one. What is everybody doing this weekend???

My weekend will consist of:

Getting a haircut, going to the bank, parking lot pimping at Walgreens(the Allentown Farmers Market is closed for the upcoming fair)...btw a carnie I know from the local bar gave me two free passes....anybody wanna hit the fair with GSS next week? Lots of Mullets...maybe going to the movies..I saw the Jeremy Pivin movie last weekend and it was pretty good. Watching this past weeks Real World Cancun on MTV.com..hanging out at my parents house..maybe helping them pick out a new dog...cleaning my apartment..laundry..not E-hating..not gambling..practicing Smartstyle..and maybe doing a shirtless Video Blog....

dmc

MTB or hike tomorrow..
Funk Jam and party tomorrow night...

WJenness

Tonight: Several options for get togethers... but I'm probably going to end up doing pads and rotors on the rear of my car (just got it back from the body shop, I had ordered the parts before it went in, but hadn't had a chance to do them, and they're pretty squeaky).

Tomorrow: Relax during the day, hope the storm bends out to see so that I can go to the sox game at night.

Sunday: Possible visit with the GF's family, Possible visit to one of the fencing coaches' new house... kind of up in the air at the moment.

Looking forward to it.

-w

Dr Skimeister

Tomorrow office hours in the morning, then driving up to see James Taylor with Yo Yo Ma and Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood, MA. Spend the night at a friend's B&B with my wife afterwards. Mozy on home Sunday afternoon.

HD333

Man Weekend

Tonight after kids go to bed me and 9 college buddies are heading away to an undisclosed New England location for a weekend of pure debauchery.

Agenda includes drinking, eating, cards, drinking, fantasy football draft (I know it is lame but that is the reason for this yearly excursion), drinking, eating, and most importantly on Sat night a mock bachelor party with the entertainment coming to us.

There will be no trip report because 90% of this weekend will have “Never Happened”

The kicker is that some of the wives and kids are coming up to the undisclosed location on Sunday so the families can all hang out.

TheBEast

Tonight after kids go to bed me and 9 college buddies are heading away to an undisclosed New England location for a weekend of pure debauchery.

Agenda includes drinking, eating, cards, drinking, fantasy football draft (I know it is lame but that is the reason for this yearly excursion), drinking, eating, and most importantly on Sat night a mock bachelor party with the entertainment coming to us.

There will be no trip report because 90% of this weekend will have “Never Happened”

The kicker is that some of the wives and kids are coming up to the undisclosed location on Sunday so the families can all hang out.

Oh now this sounds like my kind of weekend. Kind of like the Bachelor Party weekend we started for my real BP 3 years ago and now it turns into a yearly ski weekend with all the boys....even though almost everyone is married....have fun!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tomorrow office hours in the morning, then driving up to see James Taylor with Yo Yo Ma and Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood, MA. Spend the night at a friend's B&B with my wife afterwards. Mozy on home Sunday afternoon.

I recommend visiting Franck at Ches Nous in Lee if you're looking for a good dinner spot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tonight, brother is coming for a visit. Popping a bird in the Orion

Tomorrow, Wide Spread Panic and Allman Brothers in Hurricane Danny

Sunday - bartending a catering gig on a boat off of Maine in the remnants of hurricane Danny

Warp Daddy

Quiet weekend Dr's orders after todays setback, Maybe listen to some concert tapes of various artists i've acquired over the years and watch some golf or baseball --pretty boring but got no choice

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Took a spin up to the new REI store opening near me.
IMG00327.jpg

Dr Skimeister

I recommend visiting Franck at Ches Nous in Lee if you're looking for a good dinner spot.

Thanks.

We're staying in Lee, but won't have time for but a carry-into-the-venue picnic dinner by the time we get up there with the crowds in Lenox for JT's annual gigs/workshops.

Have to check it out another time. Traditional French, I presume?

drjeff

Friday - played golf then joined some of the office crew at the local chinese restaurant and celebrated a good round of golf with a scorpion bowl :eek:

Saturday - Maybe, if not too rainy, get an AM mtb ride. Then take the kids shopping for new lunchboxes and out to lunch. Evening my wife and I get to goto a fundraiser/"private townhall meeting" with my local congressman(need to try and remain somewhat civil ;) ), then out to dinner with my wife

Sunday - Hopefully get the lawn cut in the AM, then off to a shrimp boil in the PM

Terry

Working on the sons house. With any luck we will get the painting done and maybe start putting in the cabinets tomorrow!