• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to ski New Years Day?

Cheese

I'm heading out Tuesday for a day trip in NH or to VT. So far I don't have any plans so I'm looking for advice from those that have already been out there this week or those that are going and wouldn't mind someone tagging along. I've listed the deals where I found them but would consider full price if the incentive was convincing. Cannon and Gunstock were scratched from my list due to poor reports recently but again, feel free to convince me otherwise.

NH
-Attitash
-Bretton Woods (Out - skiing there tomorrow)
-Cannon - (Out - early snow making issues)
-Gunstock - (Out - inaccurate snow reports)
-Loon
-Sunapee $67 Liftopia
-Waterville Valley $49 Liftopia

VT
-Burke $48 Liftopia
-Killington
-MRG $45 Liftopia
-Magic $46 Liftopia (Out - still fighting red lift issues)
-Okemo
-Mt. Snow $40 Ski VT ticket

Last edited:

Cheese

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Is that Mountsnow regular price for new years?

No, I have Ski Vermont tickets and Mt. Snow is the only one that isn't blacked out on New Years day. I just edited the original post so not to falsely advertise a price. Thanks for catching that.

Last edited:

Bene288

I'd be partial to MRG. Might be some leftovers from the recent storms. At least if it's crowded you don't have such a heavy uphill capacity to worry about. New Years Day can be iffy. I've found at some mountains it's New Years Eve day that's busier.

Edd

Wildcat? Crowds are likely but they won't be worse than anyone else on New Year's Day. There's a small chance I'll go because I'll be in Bartlett on New Years Eve but our passes are blacked out. I'll have to be jonesing bad to cough up the dough.

WWF-VT

MRG - there's snow is incredible here for December. I have been at Sugarbush since Wednesday and it's damn good skiiing conditions. I was thigh deep in untracked woods at Mt Ellen today.

bdfreetuna

Your list of ideas just convinced me to go to MRG on New Years Day. I don't care about leftovers. Untracked powder is overrated. I like bumps and soft snow. Tuesday is going to be exactly that at MRG!

And with a deal like that I can't go wrong justifying skiing 5 days in a 9 day time frame. I've skied enough lately even if I get in only 8-10 runs all day and half of that on Paradise / Fall Line I'll be happy as a pig in a blanket.

Last edited:

s-rod

Anyone go to Canon today? I was there Saturday and it was great!

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Plattekill was a very very good snowy day even without sleeping again.:)