• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTB: skis for my daughter

Euler

My daughter has grown out of her old boards and I've had a hard time getting to any ski-skate sales where I like to do my buying.

I'm looking for something in the 145-150cm range for a 100lb 13 yr old intermediate skier. She's not super aggressive, but she likes to ski all over the mountain, mostly sticking to
blue groomers, but occasionally straying with her old man onto a black bump trail.

Anyone have anything they're looking to sell?

I have her old skis to sell or trade...they are 130 cm Volkl Tigershark Jrs with Marker 4.5 bindings.

Glenn

Euler,
I think I'm a day lat and a dollar short on this; because I "think" it was last weekend or the weekend before. The ski sale at the Dover elementry school usually has a good selection. A good amount of new stuff too.

tree_skier

I have
Head JR SL with bindings 141cm
and
Head JR GS with bindings 155 cm

They are in top condition fully tuned I was looking for $150 a pair but will take $125

Euler

Buying new

I had time to scour the stores in the Mt. Snow area yesterday and I found that Mt. Snow Sports has a package of skis,boots,bindings for $300. I'm going to go with that since I'll likely be able to pass them on to my son after her.

Thanks for the response TS.

Madroch

Euler--

Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade, but if you can't trade the tigersharks, I might be interested in buying them for my 9 (soon to be 10) year old daughter.

Euler

Today I sealed the deal at Mt. Snow sports...$265 + tax for Head Jr Supershape skis, Marker 7.0 bindings, Head Jr. Edge boots, and poles. If my daughter uses them for 2 yrs and my son uses them again for another year or two, thats a hell of a deal! I was shocked how chep it was to get new equipment right at the mountain.

Glenn

I have to say, they seem to be pretty competative. End of last season, my wife and I scored some amazing deals on ski coats. We had looked around and Mt Snow sports came out ahead.