• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

urungus

You live in Jersey, but will only ski at Park City? I guess there is a big price jump from Utah epic local to an epic product that would get you PC and some eastern mountains??

Epic Local pass is good for unlimited access to all of Vails Northeast properties except Stowe, which is blacked out on holidays. I don’t believe there is a separate “Utah Epic Local” pass…

KustyTheKlown

As of right now I’m planning on it. Probably SLC/Ogden and AltaBird/Snowbasin. Bend or Denver are other options.

denver sounds like the best place to live in terms of being in a real city. but i70 is a nightmare

never been to bend but have only heard great things about it. just think its too small for me.

SLC i could never do the bad food, bad politics, uber white culture on a permanent basis

ThatGuy

denver sounds like the best place to live in terms of being in a real city. but i70 is a nightmare

never been to bend but have only heard great things about it. just think its too small for me.

SLC i could never do the bad food, bad politics, uber white culture on a permanent basis
Yeah I feel the exact same way about all of the above. Since I don’t plan on it being a permanent move I’m leaning SLC just because of the proximity to world class skiing and National Park access (Tetons/Yellowstone, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, ect). Also as a white man from a rural area I already am used to that kind of political/social atmosphere. Plus housing is more affordable in Utah comparatively to Colorado. I love Denver as a city/Colorado as a state and have been many times but i70 would be horrendous to deal with every week. If I were to move there I’d probably just go to Loveland most of the time to avoid the tunnel.
Planning on October/November so I have a few months to decide where. Have to weigh the pros/cons of it all.

KustyTheKlown

i had my maps set to public transit not driving. monarch is only 3 hours from denver. thats easy peezy.

KustyTheKlown

Lot of white nationalists driving around with Confederate / Trump flags attached to their pickup trucks in Central Oregon.

dont doubt it. have visited idaho twice recently, and eastern washington. its def not liberal paradise away from the coast but at least the states are mixed and the population centers cause democratic statewide governance. utah is a religious state run by people so white their eyebrows are blonde.

snoseek

I lived in Golden for a few years and can honestly say I'll never make that commute again. It's bullshit. 285 ain't much better. Western slope wins all day or just a different state. Reno or Carson city works as well.

KustyTheKlown

I lived in Golden for a few years and can honestly say I'll never make that commute again. It's bullshit. 285 ain't much better. Western slope wins all day or just a different state. Reno or Carson city works as well.

does western slope mean places like durango?

ThatGuy

Was looking at Reno and Mt. Rose as a possibility as well

thebigo

Work full time remote and wife works in medicine, we could live anywhere and the kids are not getting any younger. Made a list of criteria, only NH and Alaska check all the boxes. Checked out Hood River few weeks back with the idea of living over the bridge, cool town but too dry and far from skiing. Turns out there is no utopia.

-decent local skiing with long season
-sufficient rainfall to avoid regular wildfire and drought
-no state income tax
-decent seafood
-no helmet law
-reasonable 2A protections
-local airport with international flights
-cool local town with breweries and restaurants

KustyTheKlown

Work full time remote and wife works in medicine, we could live anywhere and the kids are not getting any younger. Made a list of criteria, only NH and Alaska check all the boxes. Checked out Hood River few weeks back with the idea of living over the bridge, cool town but too dry and far from skiing. Turns out there is no utopia.

-decent local skiing with long season
-sufficient rainfall to avoid regular wildfire and drought
-no state income tax
-decent seafood
-no helmet law
-reasonable 2A protections
-local airport with international flights
-cool local town with breweries and restaurants

you should look at CDA idaho/spokane. tho the seafood may lack a bit. not sooo far from the pacific tho. a good restaurant should get decent fish, and there will always be solid trout and river fish

4aprice

Western Slope is anything west of the divide.
And they are about to start work on Floyd Hill to the tunnels before Idaho Springs lol.. I-70 v the Canyon roads in Utah which is worse? Still glad to be in Colorado

snoseek

Yes or grand junction, montrose ect...

It's a very different sorta Colorado than the front range bit more importantly it's way.more relaxed. Vail from gj on any given day would be alot less time in the car than Denver despite more miles.