• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your oldest skiing pics

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Share 'em!

I was going through old albums today. I have a bunch that aren't digitized yet from my father and his father skiing in Europe but here are some that were:

0024AE_000.jpg

Me and my dad

0032AI32.jpg

not skiing but my 14th birthday mountain bike cake, hell yeah

0034AB08.jpg

Maybe my first ever ski jump? Ca: 1985

0001AC02.jpg

My dad ... probably in the early 70's

0010AD13.jpg

Me and Ski Stef in our awesome outfits, that snowboard was terrible, it was designed for like a backyard, never had any grip or edges, I think I only ever sat on it and slid down the hill like a sled

0013AC08.jpg

Me around age 10, not sure where this is, yep carrying a backpack and one of those ridiculous hats from the early 90's with the huge tassles, and my awesome neon purple and pink K2 skis

0024AC01.jpg

Me again, probably around age 4?

Fun stuff, going back through time like this

hrstrat57

Looks like Lange flo's with the blue jeans for your dad.

(that was me too, including the shades)

Never did the suede jacket thing tho, as I recall I was a big hoodie ss and ballcap kinda guy.

Great thread!

powhunter

Share 'em!

I was going through old albums today. I have a bunch that aren't digitized yet from my father and his father skiing in Europe but here are some that were:

0010AD13.jpg

Me and Ski Stef in our awesome outfits, that snowboard was terrible, it was designed for like a backyard, never had any grip or edges, I think I only ever sat on it and slid down the hill like a sled

Fun stuff, going back through time like this

Nice pics! LOL... Does that snowboard say super mogul??

Steveo

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
My wife and me, Snowbird, March 1997

snowbird02jpg-vi.jpg

My my now 18 year old son and me, Deer Valley, March 1997.

deervalley03jpg-vi.jpg

I still have that sweater.

I still have the skis: K2 KVC like these:

K2_Comps.JPG

c4172317_K2KVCKVComp180a.jpeg

600x149px-LL-ebc208a4_K2KVCKVComp.jpeg

Last edited:

mister moose

Me around age 10, not sure where this is, yep carrying a backpack and one of those ridiculous hats from the early 90's with the huge tassles, and my awesome neon purple and pink K2 skis

Those large tassels were out in the late 70's, and I have several hats and photos to prove it.

Unfortunately, my Dad didn't take early photos of us skiing, otherwise I'd have even older stuff. Here's one from 1979, on my way to a formal party at tree-line, complete with Scott boots and bell bottoms:

Breck_suit.sized.jpg

...and yes, you can ski powder on 67mm skinny skis.

4aprice

I've got some from as far back as 1966 my first day on ski's at Hidden Valley at Estes Park Co. Don't know how (maybe someone does) I could put them on to digital medium to show them here. Also some good photos of Smugglers Notch (Madonna Mt Ski Area in those days) circa 1969-1971.
Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
This is Ajax(Aspen Mt) in 1969. I used a Kodak Instamatic. We were ski bumming around CO during college break, sleeping wherever we could(hotel basements, car, couches, etc.) The week in Aspen it snowed every night and every day was a bright bluebird masterpiece.

aspen2.jpg