• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Extreme Snowboard Carving Serious Safety and Skiing Community issue

deadheadskier

Staff member
Man, it get's so boring reading dismissive responses. Mockery is one thing for the fun of it, but to act like its a non-issue means that everyone from here back to the first post wasted their breath. I noticed that after I left the post last week the discussion had gone on for another 2 pages so I commented with a pretty pragmatic and mellow place to land. SO, to repeat, in my 40 years at about unfortunately 25 days a year east and west, and having had the first Burton split tail and ridden boards occasionally since people were still trying to figure out how to make them feel like surfing or "snurfing", the move I'm talking about is different than anything I've ever seen at Stowe, Killington, Jackson, Mammoth, etc., but your saying its been around and common on piste resort runs for 30 years. No wonder the I had the collision, I'm obviously blind.

Yes, Euro Carving has been a thing for 30+ years on alpine boards and most who know how to do it well are typically very good riders.

I do not see this as an issue at all and certainly not something worthy of a mountain having some sorta courtesy patrol out educating people.

I literally ski every single day I'm not working in winter and do not have an issue with this type of maneuver that has you all twisted.

This season those areas where I haven't experienced this include:

Bolton
Pat's
Gunstock
Cannon
Waterville
Loon
Black Mountain of Maine
Sunday River
Saddleback
Sugarloaf.

I'll probably ski at least 15 more days this season at several other mountains and do not anticipate having a problem beyond any other typical errant skier avoidance.

deadheadskier

Staff member