• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Speedfreak

Hey Tnt, Stratton is just as in your way home going "south" and sucks way less than Snow crowd wise, especially in a shit snow year. Better yet, do two at the Brom and I'll give you a tour if there's anything beyond groomers. If it's just groomers I'll give you a tour of the bar and loan you my spare monoski.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BabyGuinness

BLACK LINE TAVERN WILL BE OPEN!...Friday & Saturday night December 18th & 19th!!
Saturday they will be hosting a "Snow Dance" party.
Acoustic with Brett Casavant 4-7pm followed by RADIO FLYER performing on stage!! Stop by and check out our live entertainment and enjoy a COLD beverage and some light fare.
Let the SNOW dancing begin!

Last edited:

BabyGuinness

BTW...Black Line Tavern is on Facebook for updates, entertainment and specials throughout the season!
Ski ya!
;)

Last edited:

RustyGroomer

BLACK LINE TAVERN WILL BE OPEN!...Friday & Saturday night December 18th & 19th!!
Saturday they will be hosting a "Snow Dance" party.
Acoustic with Brett Casavant 4-7pm followed by RADIO FLYER performing on stage!! Stop by and check out our live entertainment and enjoy a COLD beverage and some light fare.
Let the SNOW dancing begin!

Thanks for the update. We will see you there. Nice to see plans have not been change.

tnt1234

Hey Tnt, Stratton is just as in your way home going "south" and sucks way less than Snow crowd wise, especially in a shit snow year. Better yet, do two at the Brom and I'll give you a tour if there's anything beyond groomers. If it's just groomers I'll give you a tour of the bar and loan you my spare monoski.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Thanks -

Yeah, I'm thinking Bromley will be the least crowded option. See you at the bar - I'll look for the guy with the mono-ski. I'll have snow blades around my neck.

RustyGroomer

Is there a reason Magic's FB page is now "Magic Mountain Resorts" ?

Same reason it's now that on the website. Nobody knows. Rather confusing seeing as Magic Mountain Resort in Idaho got 18" yesterday.

makimono

Magic Mountain Resorts LLC - is this a signal of another ownership change?

How many corporations have been created to run/own/manage Magic? They're probably just running out of names to use.

I do like the plurality of it though...nice touch, think big!

VTKilarney

Magic Mountain Resorts, LLC was created in July, 2014. The Registered Agent and Principal is Thomas Barker.

xwhaler

Does Magic blow snow this wknd with great temps forecasted? The issue being how warm it will get next week.
i.e. do they take the chance that a good portion of it melts?
They said that they need 5 days to blow T2B route---I count 4 this coming wknd (Friday-Monday)....maybe they lose a day's worth next week so have to make up 2 starting 12/26 or sometime thereafter?

It will be interesting to see the decision that is made----to see how much they try and capture some of the holiday week revenue.
If they don;t blow this weekend I think it may be a smart business decision to preserve funds but it very likely removes any chance of opening and getting vaca week revenue.

VTKilarney

Does Magic blow snow this wknd with great temps forecasted? The issue being how warm it will get next week.
That's a really tough call. I think it boils down to how much snow will melt once it warms up. Since they don't have a base at all and the ground is warm, I would be willing to bet that they will lose a lot. If it were me, I wouldn't blow snow unless I could get enough down to have a trail open over Christmas.

While they will miss Christmas week if they don't blow, I'm not sure how busy a week it will be anyway. People are cancelling reservations left and right.

Magic

That's a really tough call. I think it boils down to how much snow will melt once it warms up. Since they don't have a base at all and the ground is warm, I would be willing to bet that they will lose a lot. If it were me, I wouldn't blow snow unless I could get enough down to have a trail open over Christmas.

While they will miss Christmas week if they don't blow, I'm not sure how busy a week it will be anyway. People are cancelling reservations left and right.

Looks like the money will be made in the bar this Xmas week. One shotski = $50-$60.