• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowmaking in March

snoseek

I might have to buy a ticket at cannon next week to see what all this snowmaking is about.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Word on the hill at Wildcat today is they plan on firing up the guns on Lynx again in the coming days. Middle and Lower are fine, but Upper is total boilerplate. They have the 100k vertical challenge on Monday. It would be completely irresponsible of them to host the race without resurfacing. It would be risking another fatality in its current condition.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

All the Boyne areas are blowing tonight, but it looks like a weak marketing effort at SR and Loon. Not sure about the loafs plans.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Word on the hill at Wildcat today is they plan on firing up the guns on Lynx again in the coming days. Middle and Lower are fine, but Upper is total boilerplate. They have the 100k vertical challenge on Monday. It would be completely irresponsible of them to host the race without resurfacing. It would be risking another fatality in its current condition.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Been there, done that. No matter what they do the ice comes out. And I'm not talking just boilerplate or blue ice. There is a phase after blue ice where it gets 3D like coral reef.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Zermatt

Seems like a lot of places are. Pico is planning to make snow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SnoDevil97

Loon just announced they are making snow on South Peak. From recent reports it's much needed.

cdskier

Plattekill says they will fire up the guns tonight and through the weekend. Belleayre says they will have their snowmakers out tonight as well resurfacing in spots.

MC1

I don't see any mention from Stowe yet of firing up...so SB isn't alone.

Stowe generally has a much greater base depth (from more season long snow making) at this time of yr than SB. Although it has to be acknowledged that Stowe's capital structure is totally different than SB's. Wonder if the Vail purchase is going to increase this discrepancy even more ?