• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, the guy loves…skinning!

What’s that got to do with Vail sucks?
"We're more than happy to take the EPIC credit!"

images

(Now how MUCH is HE PAYING us to do this?)

jimmywilson69

the thing on the right looks like a mini football that I doubt Mr katz can throw very well. The things on the left may very well be "defensive tomatoes" for when he leaves Vail inc. and is peppered with tomatoes by the angry mob!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I don't always agree with the guy, but doesn't Joshua Segal regularly get to 3M in vert for a season ? Mainly at Crotched no less ?
Props appreciated. I had the same reaction when someone texted me the link until I read that he was skinning. Frankly, I don't see how he can do it. At most he has 200 days (unless he is going south of the equator) and that's 15K per day; piece of cake with a HS-detachable lift - not so much using skins.

I remember going non-stop open to close at BMOM and with only fixed grip chair, I didn't quite make 20K!

jaytrem

If he can skin Stowe 4 times in 8 or 9 hours that about 9500. Throw in a bunch of bonus laps and he can be way ahead of schedule before heading south. Sounds doable, but crazy for sure.

abc

"We're more than happy to take the EPIC credit!"

images

(Now how MUCH is HE PAYING us to do this?)
That maybe.

But half of the ski population (in northeast) doesn’t hate Vail. So they’re not reading this thread.

Poor guy, he doesn’t even get noticed by those have no connection with Vail, love or hate. :(

1dog

Well, the guy loves…skinning!

What’s that got to do with Vail sucks?
Its Stowe-base piece but feel free to repost in a more appropriate string. If I get two skins up in a spring day in Presidentials thats a killer - best ive done is 4200 feet in a day.

Quietman

The memes and negativity in this thread have gotten really old.
I tried mentioning this in post 9,999 of this thread, the only thing that I got out of it was a bunch of crap. I did get my jazzy new avatar out of the exchange! Nothing else has changed in 700+ additional posts.