• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Edd

The memes and negativity in this thread have gotten really old.

I tried mentioning this in post 9,999 of this thread, the only thing that I got out of it was a bunch of crap. I did get my jazzy new avatar out of the exchange! Nothing else has changed in 700+ additional posts.
Guys, the thread title is Vail Sucks. Maybe start a separate thread titled “Vail is kinda satisfactory actually”

jaytrem

Hmmm, lots of punching talk in threads these days. Maybe everyone should come to NJ this weekend to enjoy some indoor bump skiing. Get your anger out on the bumps 15 bumps at a time (maybe 20 if we're lucky).

jaytrem

Do you know how long that would take? Any you're doing it tons of days in a row??!?!?

I call BS.

To me 1K an hour doesn't sound unreasonable considering the guy has devoted his entire life to doing basically nothing but skinning. Probably gets faster every day. Just gotta watch out for injuries, whether from accidents or overuse. And the 8-9 hours doesn't have to be in a row. Lots of time in the day when you're only focused on one thing.

drjeff

To me 1K an hour doesn't sound unreasonable considering the guy has devoted his entire life to doing basically nothing but skinning. Probably gets faster every day. Just gotta watch out for injuries, whether from accidents or overuse. And the 8-9 hours doesn't have to be in a row. Lots of time in the day when you're only focused on one thing.
I'm guessing he's also figured out what the most efficient pathways up the hill, not necessarily the most direct pathway up the hill is for him day in and day out under various conditions.

If you take most any extreme endurance athlete (and I will lump him into that category for attempting this) they almost always have learned how to best optimize the output they can get from their bodies over long durations

Last edited:

skiur

Hmmm, lots of punching talk in threads these days. Maybe everyone should come to NJ this weekend to enjoy some indoor bump skiing. Get your anger out on the bumps 15 bumps at a time (maybe 20 if we're lucky).
Why ski indoors when you can ski bumps on superstar for real?

LoafSkier19

Some people just have crazy endurance. Have you seen the Last Man Standing competition at BMOM? The winner this year made it 76 straight hours uphilling once an hour to the top and down. That comes out to 114 miles and 91,200 ft of climbing the Allagash trail in just over 3 days. Insanity.